|Seabright / Shimmer|
|Label:||Lazy Calm Records|
|Add Date:||2011-03-20||Pull Date:||2011-05-22|
|Week Ending:||8 May||3 Apr|
|1.||May 04, 2011:||brain drip |
|3.||Mar 12, 2011:||Gibberish Aloud |
I Am Going
|2.||Apr 02, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Seabright / Shimmer|
Label: Lazy Calm Records
Solo project of Justin Morales from San Jose. The easy listening ranges from mellow Post Rock and Psych to funky Electronic Pop to Minimal ambient slash random noise… in a good way. Singing is used judiciously. When used, it’s delicious. Mostly electric and acoustic guitars, synthesizers, drum programming, & samples. Midtempo.
RIYL: Stereolab. Think Passion Pit, toned down like 5 notches.
try: 7, 11, 13, 14
NO FCC Violations
1. Starts with church organ chords. Experimental sequencing. Song meanders around.
2. Only a minute. His singing = super attractive. More please!
3. Peaceful & interesting. Sounds like an electronic ocean.
4. Beautiful piano. building five-note sequence culminates in washy spa music.
5. Words come in 2 mins in! In no-words parts, indistinct squeaks pop in and out of Sims themed music. Ends with real instruments (maracas & bongos?) & beat.
6. Significantly slower, little bit more of a downer.
*7. Words. Laid back. “I wanna be ready” Good.
8. Words @ beginning. Synthesized Electronic a la Imogen Heap’s Hide and Seek.
9. Nice synthy beat. Sporadic laser noises. It’s a toe-tapper. Loses beat and throws us a barrage of crazy sounds towards end.
10. There’s sweet drum-set use! Almost Passion Pit-ty, minus the whole singing part. The last 40 seconds is all just distorted noise, may want to fade out.
*11. Mellow oohs and ahs over guitar strumming and synths. Definitely fitting to its title “Summer Voltage.”
12. Words, Echoes and reverb, Synths and nice sequencing. It’s pleasant. Provides a nice set-up for the awesome next two songs.
**13. Clever. Barely distinguishable at beginning is old-school sound of someone on the radio. Builds to awesome beat. More than being just a head-nodder, it’s a smile-inducer. “Aa-a-ahhhs” on top of music in attractive ways a bit in middle.
*14. Beat begins catchy like “Footloose” movie’s title song. Has most words out of all songs. Diff’t from CD’s earlier Mellow Ambient songs. Ends w/ guitar playfulness.
|1.||My Deepest Instincts||8.||Set And Coded|
|2.||Touch And Go||9.||Transmit|
|4.||Gateway 2||11.||Summer Voltage|
|6.||Rachel And Ryo||13.||Integration|
|7.||Steady||14.||I Am Going|