|Gultskra Artikler / Qwerty Ep|
|Add Date:||2011-04-10||Pull Date:||2011-06-12||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||17 Apr|
|1.||May 26, 2011:||mining the orangeasm |
|4.||May 08, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO |
|2.||May 21, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|5.||May 01, 2011:||lost and found |
|3.||May 11, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque |
|6.||Apr 30, 2011:||Music Casserole |
This ambient/experimental album seems quite preoccupied with exploring the rhythms it creates both in their synthesis and rhythmic qualities. Sometimes the beats are tonal, and sometimes they are atonal; sometimes they remain constant, and sometimes, they don’t. I personally like the tracks that take on both a rhythmic and melodic feel, but this album has something to offer in both, or either, veins. Most of the songs occupy wide, deep stages, so prepare to sink into the depths of the drones of this album, whether they be generated by pads or by noise.|
1) * (5:52) Follows a straightforward beat formed by atonal synth stabs and a deep, bassy noise in the background while phasing in synth and noise elements in and out until a chordal pad takes over and creates a deep atmosphere. Very cool to listen to the song morph in atmosphere, rhythm, and tone over its 6-minute lifespan, ultimately dying into random glitchy noises.
2) (4:02) Once again begins with a similarly formed beat, but that beat is later subverted by rapidly playing stabs of static that punctuate the rhythm of the song and lead the track into an deep, dark abyss.
3) **(4:45) Sounds almost like a mix of Boards of Canada and Polmo Polpo. This is a synthesis of wandering synth chords melting into a gurgling, rhythmic cacophony of noise, bass, and ringing until devolving into dissonant synth noise. Excellent track.
4) * (3:58) Follows in a similar, but much less extreme vein as the previous track. Feels very, nostalgic and pensive. This is a track to get lost in.
5) (3:30) A disturbing, dissonant chord that sounds like it was recorded perhaps from a door squeaking repeats in the foreground over seemingly random thudding and videogame noises and a grim/hopeful chordal pad.
6) (5:33) A totally atonal track, focused on creating a grim, dark atmosphere with quick, muffled thuds in the background paired with dissonant synth stabs, ominous waves of noise, and a flurry of pops in the background. Forms a chaotic end to the album.