|Ra Ra Riot / Orchard, The|
|Artist:||Ra Ra Riot||Added:||09/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-10-10||Pull Date:||2010-12-12|
|Week Ending:||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov||14 Nov||7 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 17 Feb 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Sat, 02 Feb 13:||JRod|
|2.||Sun, 20 Mar 16:||Waves Warbler|
Breakaway Bluff: The Best of the Last
|5.||Sat, 26 Jan 13:||Thomas|
|3.||Fri, 29 Mar 13:||Francis D|
|6.||Fri, 25 Jan 13:||Francis D|
Indie pop rock with strings attached. No, seriously, aside from the usual line up, the band has a resident cellist and violinist. Not a terribly exciting album, but there are some gems in there. Poppy songs un-differentiable really, usually open with rum rolls, end with long instrumental outros. No FCC. Try 2, 3, 6|
1.Slow. Cello opens, nice groove on bass line, reverberating vocals. Based on strings
*2.Up-tempo. Drum roll opens track, amazing bass line comes on, then vocals. Very upbeat and happy, with signature RRR strings incorporated into pop sound.
*3. Up tempo. Falsetto vocals in chorus. Upbeat, more guitar and cool drum line.
4. Mid tempo. Slow entrance, dramatic pause, then strings, piano and vocals take off. Beautiful string arrangements and persistent keyboard loop. Funky synth at end.
5. Mid tempo. Percussions are faded in at beginning, stay muted, with harmonized vocals in first channel. Bit more upbeat halfway through, long instrumental outro
*6. Mid tempo. Female vocals. A bit more experimental, very pretty. Keyboard sounds like chiming of bells, synth leads the beat. Feedback from guitar at end.
7. Up tempo. Poppy, upbeat, sunshiny. The usual.
8. Mid tempo. Cello especially prominent . Very dramatic “angel” music with choral. 9. Mid tempo. Drum roll opens, cool jam, more haphazard. Instrumental outro.
10. Down tempo. Something that sounds like an organ (but not as somber), vocals, muted percussion and guitar. Ends unexpectedly, with a kind of muted gong sound.
|1.||The Orchard||6.||You And I Know|
|3.||Too Dramatic||8.||Do You Remember|
|5.||Massachusetts||10.||Keep It Quiet|