|Pajo / Scream With Me|
|Album:||Scream With Me||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Black Tent Press|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17|
|Week Ending:||10 Apr||13 Mar||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb|
|1.||Apr 05, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
I Turned In To A Martian
|4.||Feb 24, 2011:||Orangeasm |
|2.||Mar 12, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Feb 23, 2011:||Icecaps of White Noise |
|3.||Mar 03, 2011:||Orangeasm - Mooseport |
|6.||Feb 22, 2011:||Ghost Trees |
Where Eagles Dare
Low-fi singer/songwriter… from a guy who deserves your attention. Introverted male vocals and guitar plus noise, distortion, compression… that's it. Simplistic & atmospheric and somehow completely gripping. All mid-slow, quiet, evocative. Compelling (though simple) lyrics.|
David Pajo's pedigree includes stints as a recording or performing member with Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Dead Child, Interpol, King Kong, Royal Trux, Stereolab, Tortoise, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Zwan. He cofounded Slint and has used the aliases Ariel M and Papa M.
Play with Microphones, Adrian Orange, Prudence Teacup, Daniel Johnston, Jeffrey Lewis, Robert Scott's "Tascam Hits" album, The Dead C.
FCCs 1, 3, 4. 5, 8, 9 (Basically, play this after 10 pm.) Start with 2, 6.
1. FCC obscene "Angelfuck" over and over again. Too bad. Lovely song.
+ 2. Love song serenade with lyrics like "…you hide your looks behind these scars."
3. FCC indecent "goddamned son of a bitch" repeatedly. Still, this guy could use some assertiveness training.
4. FCC indecent "fuck, masturbate." About the JFK assassination: "Texas is an outrage when they pick up his head." "My come will be your life source and the only way to get it is to suck, or fuck…."
5. FCC indecent "…the insemination of little girls in the middle of wet dreams." Repetitive minor key arpeggio alternates with novelty chorus.
+ 6. Story about the "devil's whorehouse." Nonetheless, no FCC violation.
7. Especially atmospheric and more than slightly creepy… and beautiful. "I'm warning you, I'll put a knife right in you."
8. FCC indecent "fuck." Not exactly sane. But certainly perky, as lo-fi whack jobs go.
9. FCC obscene "fuckin'" four times. Bouncy pissiness sung apologetically.
|1.||Angelfuck||5.||Teenagers From Mars|
|2.||Hybrid Moments||6.||Devil's Whorehouse|
|3.||Where Eagles Dare||7.||I Turned In To A Martian|