|Lovers / Dark Light|
|Label:||Badman Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2010-12-12||Pull Date:||2011-02-13|
|Week Ending:||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||19 Dec|
|1.||Mon, 10 Aug 15:||Pixel|
Now Leaving Shytown
|4.||Mon, 02 Feb 15:||Pixel|
|2.||Mon, 18 May 15:||Pixel|
|5.||Fri, 28 Jan 11:||Trent Kay|
No Waves In Paris
|3.||Mon, 30 Mar 15:||Pixel|
|6.||Wed, 26 Jan 11:||Rasmus|
Lovers- Dark Light (Badman Recording)|
Female singing trio makes dark synth pop. Minimalistic 80’s new wave with a real drum kit to color the 808s about those ghosts of love. Yes. The synths are as cheesy as aerosol cheddar but that just flavors the real foundation here—those delicate three part female vocal harmonies. Vocals, think detached with a painful past. Play this nostalgic, dark, sexy, wine and cheddar fest if you need a little more detached “na na na” in your life with a side of aqua-net emotion. FCC CLEAN. 2, 6, 3, 4 doublestuff
1. Ta-ta. Handclap. Ta-ta. Handclap. Pretty lyrical metaphor.
2. Stand up to the man. Powerful catchy na na nas.
3. Creepy/cool landscape swells and chirpy bells in the background of a foggy pop song.
4. Impassioned. Sexual. Love unrequited energy. Cool vocoder use.
6. Accoustic guitar mixed with synth pop experimentation. Really, really solid/powerful lover’s ballad.
7. Sounds like a synth pop adaptation of a country/folk pop song
8. bouncy in a spacey way. Brighter. Life affirming
9. Sludgey bass driven. Meandering. Sick drums.
10. Slow. Minimal. Not dark though. Hopeful
|1.||Barnacle||6.||Shepherd Of The Stray Hearts|
|2.||Figure 8||7.||No Regrets|
|3.||Boxer||8.||To Be A Dancer (I Am Alive)|
|4.||Don't You Want It||9.||The Boy Who Cried Wolf|