|Birds & Batteries / Panorama|
|Artist:||Birds & Batteries||Added:||10/2010|
|Label:||Velvet Blue Music|
|Add Date:||2010-12-12||Pull Date:||2011-02-13|
|Week Ending:||13 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Fri, 26 May 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Fri, 04 Sep 15:||Francis D|
|2.||Fri, 02 Dec 16:||Francis D|
|5.||Fri, 17 Jul 15:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 30 Oct 15:||Francis D|
|6.||Fri, 27 Mar 15:||Francis D|
Local SF band. Pop crossed with country with a few synths mixed in. Sounds a bit like Greg Laswell, some of Eels’ early stuff, Super Furry Animals. The music is fairly straightforward, but doesn’t vary much in enthusiasm, pretty flat. All have around 6s of silence @ end. FCC Clean. Try 2,4,8.|
1. Midtempo. Sunny, bright pop. Slide guitar and what sounds like moog synths.
†2. Upbeat. Opens w/ country guitar. Drawn out vocals & good hook in chorus
3. Midtempo. Electropop with sweet synth sounds and flat vocals. Guitar and string arrangements in second half.
†4. Midtempo. Guitar driven indie pop ballad. Slide guitar and rhythmic snare.
5. Downtempo. Slow ballad with odd percussion syncopation and string quartet.
6. Midtempo. Grungier country/alt rock sound at beginning, then morphs into a drawn out pop song.
7. Downtempo. Sparse instrumentation slowly builds, starts with piano chords and back channel vocals for a few verses, then slide guitar, bass and electric guitars make an appearance.
†8. Midtempo. A little bit more interesting. Syncopated beat, apprehensive guitar chords and building synth lines. Sax complementing vocals.
9. Driving electropop. Drawn out vocals, lazy guitar picking, hazy ambiance, cut short by slide guitar, then builds again with a string quartet and energetic guitars.
|1.||Panorama||5.||We're An Industry|
|2.||A Million People||6.||Another Inferno|
|3.||Raincheck||7.||The Machine & The Vampire|
|4.||Strange Kind Of Mirror||8.||The Villain|
|9.||Some Hypnotic Flash|