|Sisters / Ghost Fits|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Wed, 20 Apr 11:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|4.||Thu, 31 Mar 11:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|2.||Tue, 19 Apr 11:||DJ Ryan|
|5.||Tue, 29 Mar 11:||qara koz|
|3.||Tue, 19 Apr 11:||Red West|
|6.||Tue, 29 Mar 11:||Ashleigh|
Sisters – Ghost Fire (Narnack Records)|
At its heart this is a lo-fi pop rock record. The monster brick wall sound may make you think of some noisier bands like My Bloody Valentine, but really this is more akin to the hooky 90s alt-rock pop on some early Pale Saints. Aaron Pfannebecker’s vocals are un-energetic but passionate and get the hooks just right. I like the lack of reverb-washing on the vocals and the whole production in general—there is no over doing it here. After hearing so many bands use a lo-fi sound to mask their insecurities lately, here is a band that sounds completely comfortable rockin out. If you’re into Male Bonding, Lovvers, Puro Instinct, and the likes then rock this. FCC clean. Try: 3, 6, 11 - Doublestuf
1. Wall of guitars, but not overwhelming. Very warm, simple sound. Aaron’s voice comes out, a slow punk drawl: “this is the curse” 3:13.
2. Building. Up-beat. Confident. 4: 07.
3. Noisy, catchy chaos. Lead guitar line behind chorus is moving 3:16
4. Very punk. Particularly buzzy 2:58
5. Starts like a day-dream before waking you up to full consciousness. The use of reverb and delay works well here. 3:47
6. Poppy, glockenspiel melody. Bouncy. When the electric guitars bust in, you can’t help but dance around 2:39.
7. Discordant surf rock sounding. 3:56
8. Happy surf post punk without the poppy vocals 3:36
9. Filler track. It’s all over the place 4:23
10. Super noisy. Awesome drums from the jungle 3:39
11. Noise wash. Juxtaposition of his voice and the noise is pretty cool. Ends with about 10 seconds of silence.
|1.||The Curse||6.||Highway Scratch|
|3.||Sky||8.||Here It Comes|
|4.||Synes The Sia||9.||Leaving Home|
|5.||Wake Me Up||10.||Visions|