|Invisible Hand, The / Invisible Hand, The|
|Album:||Invisible Hand, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Invisible Hand, The||Added:||Oct 2010|
|Label:||Funny/ Not Funny Records|
|Add Date:||2011-01-30||Pull Date:||2011-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13||Feb 6|
|1.||Apr 13, 2013:||Hanna Bama Anastasia |
There's Room In My Will
|4.||Mar 19, 2011:||The Cosmic Hamlet |
|2.||Apr 06, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Black Tie Formal
|5.||Mar 10, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
There's Room In My Will
|3.||Mar 22, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Once The Salad Enters Your Mind, Coy Trap
|6.||Mar 10, 2011:||Treeswinger Radio |
Light, happy, and poppy rock. Bright guitars most of the time with some fun guitar riffs here and there. Good vocals and some really nice harmonies. If you’re looking for dark, brooding, rough, and thick, this is the exact opposite. Try 5,7, 12. FCCs on 6 and 9 |
1. Intro staccato guitar over organs with melodic vocals, like Killers. Adds steady beat
2. Punky pop, catchy chorus with guitar runs accompanying and supporting vocals. Builds to happy, full, guitar-drums-vocal harmony-maraca ending.
3. Poppy rock, reverb abounds. Punchy chords, more melodic vocals, some nice unorthodox chords
4. Pretty, clean guitars are slightly muffled and distorted, swell in volume, mix with organ(?)
5. Ambitious from the start, upbeat. High, ringy chords in the verses, and some mild fret work in the prechorus. Probably best on album.
6.***FCC*** Acoustic guitar and other strings with pretty vocals, kind of Eleanor Rigby-ish.
7. Nice, light guitar riff in the beginning. Sold pop punker, good vocals, Second best.
8. Fantastic, thick guitar chords at the top, transition to acoustic verse, poppy light guitars
9. ***FCC*** Here comes the piano. Beatles once more, sluggy beat, dark and bassy.
10. Lots of punchy and bright guitars, some nice vocal harmonies, cool guitar arpeggios
11. A tad more minor and purposeful sounding, nice guitar in the chorus. Kind of Franz Ferdinand at times.
12. Light poppy guitars, longest on album, pretty airy melodic picking some times. Soft, chill bridge, spacy rest of song.
Review by Doc Rock
|1.||Two Chords||7.||Catch 22|
|2.||There's Room In My Will||8.||Don't Wait For Your Third Eye|
|3.||Coy Trap||9.||This Morning Was...|
|4.||(Aubade)||10.||Black Tie Formal|
|6.||I Want To Win||12.||Once The Salad Enters Your Mind|