|Filmi / Xenith Anon|
|Add Date:||2010-11-14||Pull Date:||2011-01-16|
|Week Ending:||Jan 16||Jan 2||Dec 19||Nov 28||Nov 21|
|1.||Jan 14, 2011:||microclimate |
|4.||Nov 27, 2010:||lost and found |
|2.||Jan 01, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Chain The Bass
|5.||Nov 20, 2010:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Dec 15, 2010:||groove time - panic |
|6.||Nov 19, 2010:||Everyday Commotion |
Filmi - Xenith Anon|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/12/10
80’s dance/electronica/Bollywood remix mashup, cool beats, and breathy monotonal vocals a bit like MIA. Apparently a one-woman show by a girl who grew up in Mumbai and moved to Queens.
1. 4:50 FCC? I think she says “crap”… **big Motown-style beat, electronic squoops, gets very Euro-80’s. Bit of tabla during long end fade.
2. 4:09 ***silly bit of talk intro, then disco-80’s meets Bollywood. Quite fun.
3. 3:33 ***tabla intro, processed vocals, sitar, great beat, sardonic lyrics.
4. 4:41 **samples, lopassed beat, whooshes - noisy.
5. 3:31 ****slow tabla intro, fractured vocal beat. Not sure where the kangaroos came from, but thass ok…
|5.||Chain The Bass|