|Concretes, The / Wywh|
|Label:||Friendly Fire Recordings|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17|
|Week Ending:||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb|
|1.||Apr 01, 2011:||microclimate |
|4.||Mar 02, 2011:||Nick & Noah: The Radio Show |
|2.||Mar 24, 2011:||Treeswinger Radio |
|5.||Feb 23, 2011:||NickAndNoah: TheRadioShow |
|3.||Mar 17, 2011:||Treeswinger Radio |
|6.||Feb 16, 2011:||NickAndNoah : TheRadioShow |
WYWH is the sixth from the Swedish octet and the second where former drummer Lisa Milberg assumes frontwomanhood. Very danceable Swedish disco. My biggest complaint is the songs lack tension and often fall limp. Lush instrumentals and Lisa’s breathy vocals save some tracks. No Fcc’s detected|
RIYL: 80s pop, twee, disco, Taluah Gosh/Heavenly, “Belle and Sebastian wedding ABBA.”
1.* 6:28 thumping bass, dreamy. Like early m83. vocals work best with the instrumentals here than any other song
2.* 3:30 upbeat. synthesized brass sounds. Vocals are more direct, an 80s New Wave meets 70s pop
3. 4:21 relatively slow disco ballad
4. 4:30 disco pop. builds up, but never really reaches a climax.
5.* 3:32 starts with an amazingly groovy synth line. An overt nod to 70s disco. Kitschy but I like it.
6. 2:29 crammed full of sounds effects. This song also never really arrives.
7. 2:55 relatively slow. Jangly guiatrs. Wades into soft rock territory.
8. 4:02 nice midtempo pop song
9.* 3:32 downtempo. slow, clean, wistful pop. Lisa sounds a lot like Amelia Fletcher
10. 3:11 ABBA. genericized version of that album jammed into one track.
|1.||Good Evening||6.||What We've Become|
|2.||My Ways||7.||Oh My Love|
|3.||Crack In The Paint||8.||Knck Knck|
|4.||I Wish We'd Never Met||9.||Sing For Me|