|Comic Wow / Music For Mysteries Of Space & Time|
|Album:||Music For Mysteries Of Space & Time||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Asthmatic Kitty Records|
|Add Date:||2012-01-01||Pull Date:||2012-03-04|
|Week Ending:||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||8 Jan|
|1.||Aug 09, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Water Music Treadmill
|4.||Feb 18, 2012:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
|2.||Dec 20, 2012:||The Penultimate Show |
Miami Song Tennis 2
|5.||Feb 10, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
|3.||Feb 20, 2012:||Ghost Trees |
Chimp On A Pew
|6.||Feb 02, 2012:||Question Air |
Water Music Treadmill
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Employing a multitude of instruments including wurlitzer, farfisa, marimba, banjo, guitar, percussion, harpsichord, vibraphone, keys (or, engineering), etc. Comic Wow creates ALL INSTRUMENTAL soundscapes. It’s dreamy, ethereal, spacey, yet, at the same time, quite alluring. There’s lots of changes within the songs, so you can never be sure where it’s going. Some great stuff here. All songs worth a play. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Play any, all are great (especially #10).
1. (3:48) Mid. Banjo, percussion, piano, lap steel with really cool, relaxed vibe.
2. (2:45) Mid. Big banjo, marimba, engineering effects, trippy and hip.
3. (2:54) MId. Harpsichord?, engineering with slight carnival vibe. Tambourine.
4. (1:48) Mid. Catchy with handclap-like sounds, banjo, marimba. Cool.
5. (3:42) Mid. Way-out there mood, plodding beat, engineering. Trippy, gets driving, lots of changes.
6. (5:00) Mid. Big engineering, percussion. Dreamy, spacey, dancey and catchy.
7. (4:07) Mid. Big percussion, some kind of woodwind (or engineering), marching beat. Hypnotic and driving. Gets way- out with lots of changes.
8. (2:54) Slow / Mid. Heavy engineering, quite bizarre and beautiful.
9. (2:29) Mid. Heavy guitar, keys, pounding percussion.
10. (7:52) Mid. Reminiscent of B52’s ‘Planet Claire’ w/out the high-pitched keys. Spacey as all get-out with great drums and guitar noodling. Killer.
11. (3:44) Mid. Bizarre carnival, video-game vibes. Heavy shit, man.
|1.||Salad Days||6.||Miami Song Tennis 2|
|2.||Bad Ballet||7.||Encore Electronics Flute Fax|
|3.||Jazz Computer||8.||Chimp On A Pew|
|4.||Nice Chaps||9.||Minor Hexagons|
|5.||Miami Song Tennis||10.||Water Music Treadmill|
|11.||Meet The Vampeatles (Or, What If The Beatles Were Vampires?)|