|Murray, Eleanor / Oh Thunder|
|Artist:||Murray, Eleanor||Added:||Nov 2010|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17|
|Week Ending:||Apr 17||Apr 10||Mar 13||Feb 27||Feb 20|
|1.||Aug 10, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 14, 2011:||Double Daydream Disaster |
|2.||Jan 17, 2013:||The Show with T-Lex & Lolo |
|5.||Apr 08, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Apr 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Street To Ride
|6.||Apr 06, 2011:||The Donner Party |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Definitely a singer / songwriter sound, but much more than that going on here. Fiona Apple, Nick Cave, even a slight bit of Captain Beefheart. Nice employment of the violin. Spacey and ethereal, rockin’, pensive, pushing the envelope. No FCC’s. Note: most songs have several seconds of silence at end.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9.
1. (4:26) Slow. Simple chime and picked guitar. Easy vocal delivery. Violin and bass join in. Slow fade out with violin and chime.
2. *(5:13) Slow. Guitar and vocal. The lyric is introspective, hollow, yet hopeful. Band joins in 2/3 through.
3. *(4:10) Slow / Mid. Vocal intro. Then band begins, everything sounding very Fiona Apple-like. Really cool, very French sounding. Violin and pounding, marching drums.
4. (5:43) Slow. Spacey, kind of a Chinese sound with a harp and bell sound. Very sparse in both instrumentation and vocal. Lots of air, like what traveling through space might sound like. Full band towards the end, tempo picks up.
5. *(4;37) Mid / Fast. Almost a Captain Beefheart sound at first. Pretty rockin’ and catchy stuff.
6. (3;15) Slow. Guitar soloing. Instrumental.
7. *(4:29) Slow. Quiet and dreamy with guitar and vocal. Hauntingly beautiful. Almost painful.
8. *(4:40) Slow / Mid. Cool hopscotch tempo, almost an Edie Brickell sound. Gets a bit rockin’ in an acoustic way.
9. *(4:39) Slow / Mid. Another beautiful song, great lyrics, gorgeous guitar.
|1.||Come Alive||5.||Hush (Smash!)|
|2.||The Whale||6.||February 17th|
|4.||Trails Of Star||8.||Street To Ride|
|9.||When A Heart Becomes A Heart|