|Hanna, Chip / Lullaby|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||1 May||24 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Apr 27, 2011:||Brownian Motion (sub) |
|4.||Mar 31, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|2.||Apr 19, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
Little Boy Blue
|5.||Mar 22, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Lullaby, Little Boy Blue
|3.||Apr 06, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|6.||Mar 08, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
Dreamy-folk. Local solo singer-songwriter who composed these songs while ‘looking through the window and out into the night sky”. This album is all about self-introspection, and in many ways, self-criticism. Pretty simple on the instrumentals - mostly lyrics driving this album. Think Elliott Smith and Nick Drake when they were just starting to get a feel for songwriting. No FCC’s. |
My picks: 4, 5, 8
1) Mid. (8:06) Steady strumming on guitar, not much variation for such a lengthy song.
2) Slow-mid. (5:39) Piano, guitar, bells. More of a lullaby feel. Unexpected multi-track guitar solo at end.
3) Slow-mid. (4:44) Just guitar. One might call this a ‘bitter’ lullaby….”Happy stupid birthday, baby”
4) *Slow-mid. (4:18) Dream-like, with faint celtic influences
5) *Mid. (5:43) More upbeat – best vocal quality on album
6) Slow. (4:49) Guitar and sparse tambourine. Melancholy.
7) Slow. (1:57) A short play with ironic self-loathing; mostly a cute interlude
8) *Slow-mid. (3:38) Strong piano melody.
9) Slow-Mid. (1:32) Guitar and vocals literally echo each other (la-la-la)
10) Slow. (3:56) Empty breaks after each line – loneliest song of the lot
|4.||Little Boy Blue||9.||The Dream|