|Holy Sons / Survivalist Tales|
|Add Date:||2011-09-11||Pull Date:||2011-11-13|
|Week Ending:||6 Nov||30 Oct||2 Oct||18 Sep|
|1.||Oct 30, 2011:||Crooked Spoke Adjourned |
|3.||Sep 30, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Oct 23, 2011:||Late Night Good Times Radio Content |
|4.||Sep 14, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
Portland ambient shoegaze grunge. Did you realize that he's written over 1,000 songs? "Amos said in an interview that, beginning at age sixteen, he used drugs every single day and didn't let up for years." Dark language psychedelia. A challenging listen that's probably best suited for a dark mood, or brooding while writing in your diary.|
One FFC warning (#4).
1. *** Survivalist Intro: Instrumental. Electric arena guitar across endless barren wasteland. (2:03min)
2. * Payoff: A lone male sings about his disappointment in a slightly flat, alcohol-scared voice. More spacey guitar. Song kind of ends at 3:00 but makes noise until (5:35min)
3. From Home: A guy sings about someone else's finances. Warning: surprise falsetto breaks.
4. Look Of Pain!: --FCC warning.-- (Fbombs pop up.)
5. ** Golden Child: Heavy 90's acoustic grunge. Shalalala. Bon Iver / Days of the New.
6. Reckless Liberation: Reckless smooth crooning and falsetto.
7. Sympathetic Strings: Metallic echoy reverb and faint vocals, atonal.
8. Slow Days: IT'S TRISTAM. With creaky vocals, which sort of isn't tristam. Man depressed that Blizzard is taking too long to publish Diablo 3?
9. Deprivation Thrills: Almost instrumental...Smooth, creamy grunge with some vowels on top.
10. A Chapter Must Be Closed: Drug song. A long ramble with piano gravy.
11. ** Survivalist Outro: Instrumental, like the first track. More wasteland, more reverb, more guitar.
|1.||Survivalist Intro||6.||Reckless Liberation|
|3.||From Home||8.||Slow Days|
|4.||Look Of Pain!||9.||Deprivation Thrills|
|5.||Golden Child||10.||A Chapter Must Be Closed|