|Pinkle / House Plants|
|Add Date:||2010-12-05||Pull Date:||2011-02-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Feb||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec|
|1.||May 11, 2013:||Outrun My Gun |
What I Hope
|4.||May 19, 2011:||Capture the Flag (In Monster Drag) |
|2.||Jun 03, 2011:||The DJ Never Has It |
Into The Ark
|5.||May 12, 2011:||Find Your Legs & Find Your Horns |
|3.||May 26, 2011:||Tabula Rosoff (Japanophiles, English Isles...) |
|6.||Feb 04, 2011:||No Waves In Paris |
Bedroom mixed layered “writing songs on yr computer” electronic pop. Clean picked guitar and standard wispy indie male vox. Soft, fluttery, blippy, pretty relationship meditations. One man band out of Switzerland-via-Chicago. Pinkle is Bryn Martin. He has a PhD in engineering. Don’t they all.|
RIYL: Death Cab, Phoenix, Grandaddy, Mr. Centipede
try: 5, 6, 1
*1. echoey fingerpicking and soft precise vox. the guitar starts to do the johnny marr swirl after a while. pretty, pretty naked.
2. pushy trombony synth bass. jangle bells and trumpet-effect keys. kinda funky, against a phoenix-like instrumental backdrop. lots of effects.
3. easy jangle guitar. pleasant. competent but unexciting. uber death cab.
4. slow chord change intro, slightly computerised vox. acoustic guitar and ambient bellsy noise.
*5. fast strumming, harmonies, doubled electro vox. dancey synth. paddy drums, echoey keys. nice melody.
*6. chill funk. sticky drums, horror synth, flute. great creepster guitar riff.
7. cooker western-winder guitar, soft handclaps. this could be cake.
8. slow, relaxed orb-drops of chords. crackly bells, warbly grandaddy-esque vamp: “paper thin, paper thii-ii-ii-iin”
9. uptempo fingerpicked loop. chill, sweet. soothy jupiter synth.
10. folky fingerpicking and clear vox. cute. mid-slow. cool typewriter+chimes effects.
11. whistling and acoustic guitar intro. heavy synthy vox about 1 min in. alternates between “we’re gonna miss you for thirty femtoseconds and then we’re gonna have a party” and “i’m afraid to say goodbye”. score.
12. light, airy, sweet acoustic guitar. cutesy ‘ooh’s.
13. easy acoustic downtempo. a little country stroll. i’m hearing lily pads. melancholy retrospective.
|1.||What I Hope||7.||Alibi|
|3.||It's Not Working||9.||Rounder Than An Orange Peel|
|4.||So Well||10.||Into The Ark|
|6.||For Me||12.||Galapagos Island|