Here’s a guy playing electric guitar really, really fast. There’s a bass and drums too, but mostly it’s a guy playing electric guitar really, really fast. Oh, and loud. Dude did session work for the “Guitar Hero” games. Dude can totally play all five buttons on “hard.” It’s awesome. No, it’s EPIC. Turn the volume up.
Tracks 1-10 are his original compositions; tracks 11-14 are covers heard on Guitar Hero.
(Beware the second disc is a DVD.)
No FCC issues.
1. * Monster power chords, blistering arpeggios. And a male chorus out of Wagner. (3:31)
2. ** Hard rock fused with flamenco. Jazz fans might think of Al DiMeola. Ole! (3:13)
3. Chord progressions that go round in a circle but don’t amount to much. (3:47)
4. ** The “soft” piece of the album. Mid-tempo. Stylish playing. (1:19)
5. Whoa! Emperor Zorg spoken intro. Satan sings damnation. Steve plays 64th notes up and down the neck. Lots going on, but it comes across as parody. (5:01)
6. ** Like a big hair band doing the soundtrack for a western movie. Slide guitar. (3:51)
7. Cool sounding snake charmer modes. Super fast hammering with left hand. (2:22)
8. ** A little bit of Stevie Ray Vaughan style. Done quite nicely. Big drums & bass. (3:28)
9. * Layered acoustic and elec guitars. Mysterious. A bit of Near East sound in there. (3:08)
10. Hollow-body guitar this time. Goofy circus barker vocal. Oingo Boingo-ish. (3:22)
11. Christmas carol Guitar Hero style. ** on Xmas day, worthless any other day. (3:33)
12. * Dueling Banjos at supersonic speed, and with every pedal effect in the catalog. (4:24)
13. Another Christmas carol. Multiple guitar takes with differing tones. Very fast. (3:39)
14. The Charlie Daniels classic with guitar rather than fiddle. The devil loses again. (6:16)