|Various Artists / Papercitynoisemaker|
|Add Date:||2010-12-05||Pull Date:||2011-02-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||12 Dec|
|1.||Sep 08, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Jan 30, 2011:||The Donner Party |
Hungry, 123456, Let Heaven Know
|2.||Mar 22, 2011:||meow |
Don’T Ask Me Why (Early 4-Track Demo Version)
|5.||Jan 26, 2011:||3-way |
Let Heaven Know
|3.||Mar 20, 2011:||Hangtime |
If You Love Me (Let Me Go)
|6.||Jan 18, 2011:||meow |
Let Heaven Know
A compilation of EXCELLENT garage rock and indiepop songs put out by the Iowa-based Workerbee Records. Lots of variety and tons of great unknown bands to choose from. Limited pressing. What a well-hidden gem. FCC: 4, 17 |
*1. Great garage-rock with lo-fi aesthetics, lots of backup vocals and a nice cheery keyboard.
2. Lo-fi girl group fuzz-punk that sounds like the Vivian Girls of the Dum Dum Girls.
3. Quiet, muffled guitars and raspy male vocals. Would be a perfect soundtrack for a punk truck stop.
4. FCC (shit) A goofy text-to-speech intro leads into messy lighthearted punk.
5. Slow and angsty with some serious vocal reverb. Ends in a lot of streaking.
6. Intricately layered indie rock with lots of percussion. Really deep deadpan vocals.
*7. Loud, fast garage pop with male/female vocals.
*8. Awesome sunny dreampop with lots of shoegaze influence.
*9. Indie-rock with strummy acoustic guitars and a great backing organ. Great electric guitar riffs and tons of effects.
*10. Great female-vocals indiepop with lyrics in English/Japanese.
*11. If Broken Social Scene were to record a song 1:06 long, this is what it would sound like.
12. Lighthearted chanty punk.
13. Mediocre indie. Good guitar, but not the best vocals.
14. Scratchy lo-fi vocals and fuzzy guitars. Fast and with lots of energy, but centers on a cheesy love theme.
15. Lo-fi garage rock with emotion-drenched lyrics and simple but loud powerchords.
16. FCC (fuck) LOUD, PUNISHING thrash punk with female delivery.
17. Lackluster Muse type stuff.
*18. Balls-to-the-wall punk oozing with energy and testosterone. Killer!
19. Generic low-fi. It takes a while to build up. Hella feedback.
20. Uptempo, lively punk about looking for “sometin’ to do”
21. Slightly odd female-vocals pop song. Main chorus: “That’s when you wiggle! Like a worm!” Uh wut?
22. Punk rock. Someone’s cheating on their significant other! Hell no!
23. Messy rock song about someone who thinks they’re changing. It turns out they’re only shedding their skin. Crisis averted.
24. 4-minute instrumental composition with layered acoustic strumming, lots of slide guitar.