|Stereolab / Not Music|
|Label:||Duophonic Ultra High Fs|
|Add Date:||2011-02-27||Pull Date:||2011-05-01|
|Week Ending:||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Jul 20, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 26, 2011:||meow |
|2.||Aug 31, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Apr 22, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
Supah Jaianto, Everybody's Weird Except Me
|3.||May 01, 2011:||lost and found |
|6.||Apr 20, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
Kraut influenced hypnotic Euro lounge pop with traces of jazz and psych. This is a collection of stuff recorded at the same time as Chemical Chords (2008). Overall, pretty comfortable Stereolab dreamy pop. They're still on hiatus as of year ago or so. Anyways, they've been around for 20 years and even survived a breakup between two band members who have a kid together.|
Hipster alert! Bradford Cox of Deerhunter and Atlas Sound cites Stereolab an influence on his work (Laetitia Sadier appears on Quick Canal in Logos and he remixed the last track on this album)
1. (3:34) Twinkly simple synth melody.
2. (5:07) Bouncy bubbly pop with moments of acid jazz and spaz.
3. (3:50) Trilly intro, wispy harmony and riffs with xylophone and drifty vocals, gets more insistent and repetative.
4. (2:23) Drippy loungey instrumental Emporer Tomato Ketchup.
5. (3:05) Ebby and flowey tape loops odd and abrupt changes in time signatures. Childish and playful.
6. (10:21) Fuzzy lotsa reverbed bass seems to picks up in tempo when snare/cymbals come in. Sinister vocals. Drippy and water later in the track.
7. (3:47) Bouncy upbeat repetitive melody with horns and wooshy sounds.
8. (3:41) Fast high pitched xylophone quickly chills out to dreamy vocals and staccato-y synth and picks up again at the end.
9. (3:26) Arcade sounds and synth, sexy French vocals.
10. (3:18) Sunny mid-fast super simple harmonic riffs gets abruptly fast and synth driven about 50 secs in slow interlude and fast synth driven again.
11. (3:49) Slow guitar jam with dissonant synth, conflicted, deep layered vocals gets twinkly happy 2 mins in.
12. (2:04) Instrumental fuzzed out percussion driven track with some brass.
13. (7:57) Atlas Sound remix. Consisent drum beat throughout. Crunchy and thick foggy harmonized vocals and tape-looped intro. Warbly dial-up modem sounds.
|1.||Everybody's Weird Except Me||7.||Two Finger Symphony|
|3.||So Is Cardboard Clouds||9.||Laserblast|
|6.||Silver Sands||12.||Pop Molecules [Molecular Pop]|