|Nerdkween / Profitandloss|
|Add Date:||2011-01-23||Pull Date:||2011-03-27|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 13||Feb 27||Feb 13||Feb 6||Jan 30|
|1.||Aug 27, 2014:||maximum entropy |
Let Me Go
|4.||Mar 24, 2011:||meowgasm |
...A Year Of The Dragon
|2.||Sep 21, 2011:||bricolage |
|5.||Mar 08, 2011:||anti-heroine: dead week edition |
|3.||Jul 14, 2011:||bricolage |
|6.||Feb 23, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|Your Imaginary Friend|
Tough to describe (again!): in one sense its simple stripped down pop, yet another it borders on avante experimentalism. Female vocals dominate in places, enjoying high melodies and sweet lyrics. In other places samples and low-fi recording takes over. Young Marble Giants come to mind but not quite so, same as His Name Is Alive. Like being driven home at night from Santa Cruz in the pouring rain through the winding pass in a car with engine and brake trouble by a pretty girl singing Beatles songs by heart at the top of her lungs.|
1) trippy and spacey: no drums, trippy synth and looped female vocs buried deeply in narcobliss
2) slightly off-key strummy pop stripped down with tambourine, huh?
3) brief, low fi female singing, even more stripped down strumming
4) lovely simple if low fi melodic female singing, dreamy if dark if uplifting
5) another simple guitar strum, with almost-cute girl singing, a love song, very sweet!
6) very quiet to start, a capela (solo) girl singing, minimal intro, then music appears at ~50sec, then after about 3min total the strumming increases, this is like 3 songs in one really
7) after a good ~1min of ocean waves sound a genuine song appears with synths that ring of early New Order or something dark and new wavey, instrumental with some slight samples/sounds, nice, ends cold so be ready!
|2.||Let Me Go||5.||Bird Twitters|
|7.||...A Year Of The Dragon|