|Murchison, Lane / Day The Words Went Away, The|
|Album:||Day The Words Went Away, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Uncle Louie Productions|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Aug||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul|
|1.||Aug 03, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Jul 06, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Woman I Can Trust
|2.||Jul 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Jun 29, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Jul 13, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Wild Freeway Flowers
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Murchison is based in San Gregorio and plays some really nice acoustic guitar, has some interesting lyrics, and has an easy-going air about him. This is a live recording at the San Gregorio General Store with Murchison and James Nash of The Waybacks on acoustic guitars and released in 2007. It’s folky stuff and well-done. Many songs have dialogue at end. FCC #7.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13.
1. *(3:25) Mid. Chugs along with great energy.
2. *(3:33) Mid. Nice and easy, heartfelt w/ backing vocals.
3. (3:24) Slow / Mid. A bit ominous w/ cool guitar work toward end.
4. *(6:59) Mid. Great playing, good heartfelt delivery of lyrics. Dialogue at end.
5. (4:14) Slow. Melancholic, a bit of a downer mood.
6. (4:24) Mid. Song about fishing, another down mood.
7. (4:12) Fast. FCC. Jams along.
8. *(7:18) Slow / Mid. Heavy story song. Ominous and beautiful.
9. *(5:15) Slow / Mid. Song about his woman. Nice and easy.
10. *(3:50) Mid. Fun, cool lyrics, nice playing, catchy.
11. (3:14) Slow / Mid. Mellow w/ cool sounding guitar.
12. *(6:44) Mid. Catchy w/ backing vocal. Great guitar work. Killer.
13. *(3:49) Mid / Fast. Driving and blazing. Kick-ass.
14. (4:42) Mid. Self-revelatory tune. Nice. Fades out, ends w/ audience chatting.