|Ray, Shilpa And Her Happy Hookers / Teenage And Torture|
|Album:||Teenage And Torture||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Ray, Shilpa And Her Happy Hookers||Added:||01/2011|
|Label:||Knitting Factory, the|
|Add Date:||2012-03-10||Pull Date:||2012-05-12|
|Week Ending:||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
|1.||Jun 05, 2018:||Waste FM |
|4.||Feb 19, 2014:||Femme Fatale |
|2.||Mar 12, 2014:||Femme Fatale |
Dames A Dime A Dozen
|5.||Mar 28, 2013:||Daydream Disaster |
Heaven In Stereo
|3.||Mar 05, 2014:||Femme Fatale |
|6.||Mar 22, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Psychedelic garage rock with edgy femme vocals. Vocals range from visceral screams to sensibly bluesy and poppy. Warbly and distorted guitars, pounding bass. When I saw them open for Acid Mothers Temple, they were a lot rock-and-roll and screamy in person (she mentioned having PMS for that matter). I could see that.|
RIYL: Thee Oh Sees, The Sandwitches
1. Crunchy guitars. Teasing vocals.
2. ** Grindy beginning, hand-clapping. Upbeat poppy song.
3. Slow, waltzing harmonies and accordion.
4. *** (FCC: tits?) Bouncy pounding drums and bassline with vocals, building screamy vocals chills out to super reverby slow glisten
5. ** Slow and dreamy layers of fuzz. Wobbly ahhing intro with gentle cymbal taps. Wooshy outro
6. FCC! (fuck you) Steady bass beat, 70s psych wailer.
7. *** Another pretty poppy interlude. Wandering vocals and swaying melody alternates with trembly distortion.
8. Upbeat accordian rocker culminates in wall of sound.
9. FCC! (fuck you bitches) Talking/singing vocals. Semi-suggestive ah ah'ing.
10. Thumpy bass drum, slow accordian. Slow shimmery guitars, bluesy vocals and occasional soft tambourine tap. Fade out.
|2.||Heaven In Stereo||7.||Genie's Drugs|
|4.||Stick It To The Woman||9.||The Chelsea Clinic Physical|
|5.||Dames A Dime A Dozen||10.||Requiem In A Key I Don't Know|