|Athrenody / Crazed Development|
|Add Date:||2011-01-23||Pull Date:||2011-03-27||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||27 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan|
|1.||Feb 23, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Jan 29, 2011:||Overkill Radio |
Crazed Development, At Ware With Shadows
|2.||Feb 05, 2011:||Overkill Radio |
Face-melting grindcore is the name of the game here, folks! A thick, grimy brew of sludgy guitar tone, blasting drums, and Barney-era Napalm Death vocals shred the listener to bits without mercy! A bit of context here: this Bay Area grindcore band recorded the album in the early 90s, but broke up before it could be completed. Matt Harvey of Entombed stepped in circa 2007 to add growls, and voila! There's a variety of tempos, riff structure, and influences here to keep it interesting throughout the short length of the album. A steaming platter of crushing grind/death, reminiscent of the aforementioned ND as well as Terrorizer, Repulsion, Master, and even some hints of Autopsy--mandatory listening! TRY: 2, 5, 6; FCC: 3 (but who can understand what the growls are saying anyway?)|
1. Grinds you to bits right away--menacing, fearsome, World Downfall!
2. A highlight for sure; slow and crushing in parts, blindingly fast in others.
3. Relentless, ranting grind, and are those backup vox?
4. Discordant riffs, blastbeats, and headbanging bits abound.
5. A whirlwind of grind, impressively nuanced drumming.
6. The assault still isn't over! More facemelting grind!
7. short fast n loud, dude
8. Longer track, but only because some parts are slower (for grind).
9. Short and sweet--perfect way to end the album!
|1.||Throne Of Civilization||5.||Imprisoned|
|3.||At Ware With Shadows||7.||Nonsense|