|Various Artists / Roots Uprising - A Journey Through Uk Reggae, Dub & Dubstep|
|Album:||Roots Uprising - A Journey Through Uk Reggae, Dub & Dubstep||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2011-01-30||Pull Date:||2011-04-03||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb||13 Feb||6 Feb|
|1.||Jun 23, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Sound Boy Come Away
|4.||Dec 31, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jun 09, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Nov 19, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Willing & Able, Shinobi
|3.||Mar 17, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Apr 02, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Watch What You Put Inna
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/28/11
EXCELLENT British dancehall/roots/dub/dubstep comp from last few years. Tracks tend to run together, so put it on continuous play and enjoy! No FCCs that I could make out…
1. 1:27 **bouncy, slightly downtempo roots bubble, bits of sound collage – sort of a carousel music feel, intro toast.
2. 6:00 ****horn flourish intro, downtempo very swingy electronic dancehall, all about burning trees. Include a bit of wonderful exotic-sounding dub.
3. 3:33 ****bouncy, downtempo but upbeat skank, fun dancehall vocals. Absolutely fun.
4. 5:31 *****bit of toast intro, then uptempo hip-wiggler from one of the original British dub producers – great stuff.
5. 3:52 ****slow piano and horns with double-time dancehall toast. It’s Babylon that’s under arrest.
6. 3:08 ****short vocal intro, midtempo skank with vocal harmonies, sweet singing, elements of classic roots riddim. Nice.
7. 3:32 ****whooshy, swishy dub bubble tending toward dubstep, fine toast.
8. 4:29 ****”radio” announcer intro, swingy, mellow dub with melodica and electronics, nice singjay vocals. Strange distorted vocals at end.
9. 4:28 ***downtempo dub, sweet vocals.
10. 3:38 ****swingy, relaxed bubble with very deep lyrics, sung in a sort of very nearly roots style – interesting.
11. 4:18 ****rasta benediction intro, midtempo skank with horn section, roots toasting.
12. 1:15 ***jaunty little roots skank march. Should be longer!