|Mahlasela, Vusi / Say Africa|
|Artist:||Mahlasela, Vusi||Added:||Feb 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-02-06||Pull Date:||2011-04-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Feb 14, 2019:||Global Ginga |
Ntate Mandela, Korodi, Nakupenda Africa
|4.||Nov 14, 2011:||Lunch Special - Prof. Terry Winograd, Clare Bennett, Eric Ruth, Nan Zhang |
|2.||Jul 05, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Apr 12, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
|3.||Dec 06, 2013:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Mar 21, 2011:||&tc. |
Known in his native South Africa simply as “The Voice.” A gorgeous singer/songwriter/guitarist who fills his music with hope and joy. This CD is produced by Taj Mahal who also guests (along with Angelique Kidjo). Modern African pop with tons of style and heart. All worth a play. This is all so delicious, just hit play, sit back, and smile.|
1. Mid/upbeat ode to Africa. In English. Major happiness.
2. Sweet little doo-woppy bit of fluff w/clicks & warmth. Yay!
3. Swaying, bright, great South Africa chorus adding extra style.
4. Warm and driving w/cool bluesy banjo & a strong sound.
5. Piano & guitar into a sweet modern mid/upbeat SA sound. Yow!
6. Midtempo with layers of strings & keys and tripping vocals.
7. Sweet folksy and relaxed a/bluegrassy love song.
8. Warm, midtempo w/a hint of SA jazz. Swaying & sweet.
9. Driving vocals, midtempo and rich. Great use of chorus.
10. Kidjo/Vusi vocal duet. Upbeat and wicked good!
11. Percussion leads into feisty layers of mid/up Afro pop joy.
12. Relaxed w/a cool bluesy voice, flute & hot strings.
13. Midtempo, jazzy piano, strong strings, soaring vox.
14. Sweet song for Mandela. Rich gospel-esque & inspiring.
|1.||Say Africa||8.||Ode To Lesego|
|3.||Re Yo Tshela Kae||10.||Nakupenda Africa|
|4.||Conjecture Of The Hour||11.||Korodi|
|7.||In Anyway||14.||Ntate Mandela|