|Disciples Of Christ / Demo Ep|
|Artist:||Disciples Of Christ||Added:||Feb 2011|
|Label:||To Live A Lie|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Apr 17||Apr 10||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20|
|1.||May 19, 2012:||Catharsis (ROOOOAR!) |
|4.||Apr 06, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||May 21, 2011:||Overkill Radio: Welcome, Rapture! |
Hall Of Mirrors (Taste Of Fear), Break Our Bones
|5.||Mar 09, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Apr 16, 2011:||Overkill Radio! |
|6.||Mar 08, 2011:||meow |
Listeners with naive ears beware: this is not Christian music at all! This is ferocious grindcore from the slimy, sludgy depths of hell (okay, Washington DC, same thing), and this trio has arrived to annihilate you puny weaklings with their crushing sound. At turns menacingly slow and rabidly fast, this sounds more genuine than most grind going on nowadays. The production is sloppy and DIY, just the way I like my grind; although this is a demo subsequently pressed to vinyl, I hope they keep the sound this way on later records. Headbanging riffs, blinding blastbeats, and a sludge influence bring to mind Excruciating Terror, Neanderthal, and a bit of Magrudergrind (with whom they share a drummer). If my memory serves me correctly, all three members sing, so you'll hear a wide variety of shrieking and growling coming through the glorious gruel of grindcore here. PLAY LOUD!|
Recommended: 3, 5
1. Epic, heavy droning instr. intro (duh). Takes up entire A-side on vinyl, which I found hilarious.
2. The grind begins! Rapidfire blastbeats and relentless harsh screaming.
3. Alternates between slow sludge and lightspeed grind.
4. Short fast and loud, short and sweet bass-guitar interplay.
5. Briefly thrashin' punk speed, along with relentless grind.
6. Over already? You won't be disappointed: heaviness, varying speed, and distorted goodness abound.
|2.||12||5.||Break Our Bones|
|3.||Lapse||6.||Hall Of Mirrors (Taste Of Fear)|