|Rowe, Sean / Magic|
|Label:||Anti- / Epitaph|
|Add Date:||2011-08-28||Pull Date:||2011-10-30|
|Week Ending:||16 Oct||11 Sep||4 Sep|
|1.||Apr 05, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Oct 13, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Old Black Dodge
|2.||Dec 28, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Old Black Dodge
|5.||Sep 09, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Sep 21, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Sep 09, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Sean Rowe is a master songwriter. Lyrically, he’ll bend your brain and drain the water from your eyes; musically, he’ll draw you into a world of mellow psychosis with spacey and airy soundscapes. It’s all very soft, sparse and slower tempo structures. He’s got a magnetic baritone voice and sounds like he’s experienced centuries worth of life. He can be compared with Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Van Morrison. This guy is the real deal. FCC’s on 4 and 9. |
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 5, 7, 8.
1. *(4:33) Slow / Mid. Great musical mood wrapping itself around the lyrics and that great voice. Plodding drum, guitars. Wow.
2. *(3:56) Slow / Mid. Backing vocals, acoustic guitar aching to break out. Great suspense - it feels as if the song will explode into noise but never does. Hints of Morricone.
3. (3:33) Slow. Sparse with echoey vocal. Airy and dreamy with guitar and lap steel?
4. (4:36) FCC.
5. *(3:46) Slow / Mid. Sparse with guitar, backing vocal, and an undercurrent of spacey synth, almost an Eastern flair.
6. (4:32) Slow / Mid. Lots of space with echoey guitar and vocal. Heavy sound with some heavy lyrics. Epic phrase with about 1:40 remaining
7. *(4:26) Slow / Mid. Heavy lyric to start inside a beautiful sound. Sparse and some damn sweet sounding guitar, keys, harmonizing.
8. *(5:42) Slow. Guitar and keys hold up this ‘signature’-type song. It’s simply incredible.
9. (4:52) FCC.
10. (3;49) Slow / Mid. Spacey and airy. Sparse with guitar, keys.
|2.||Time To Think||7.||The Walker|
|4.||Jonathan||9.||Wrong Side Of The Bed|
|5.||Old Black Dodge||10.||The Long Haul|