|I Was A King / Old Friends|
|Artist:||I Was A King||Added:||02/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||29 May||15 May||1 May|
|1.||Jun 02, 2011:||A Family Affair |
Forgive And Forget
|3.||May 11, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|2.||May 25, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Someone Is Waiting, Daybreak
|4.||Apr 27, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Learning To Fly
Harmless, happy, sunny pop from Norway. Pop/alt sensitivity in the style of Sufjan Stevens, occasionally with some noisy breaks to spice things up. |
Try: 2, 9, 6
1) 2:08 Chaotic, slightly out of tune intro. Everybody bangs away, does their thing. Charming pop, lots of drum fills.
2) * 2:43 Guitar/bass intro. Horns and keys for the chorus
3) 3:31 I think there’s a saw in there. Long instrumental intro, transitions to acoustic indie pop
4) 2:24 Chaos at about 1 minute, otherwise straightforward sensitive indie rock
5) 2:56 Slow, acoustic. Guitar and a touch of keys. Ends with a noisy, experimental outro
6) * 2:19 Mid-tempo straight up guitar, organ action. Soft female back-ing vocals.
7) 2:58 Lot’s o’ screeching, noise. Then, harmless folkish indie with a bit of strings.
8) * 2:19 Handclaps, keys, and good times. Very cute and catchy
9) * 2:24 Warm, fuzzy indie rock. Sounds like a warm afternoon on the porch.
10) 0:15 Esoteric indie. Distant and not as warm as the rest of the pack.
11) 3:25 Like a more lo-fi Feist. Loosely structured.
12) 2:47 Happy, jangly indie pop. Acoustic guitar for your money.
|1.||The Wylde Boys||7.||Unreal|
|2.||Echoes||8.||Forgive And Forget|
|3.||Learning To Fly||9.||Daybreak|
|5.||Snow Song||11.||Here To Stay|
|6.||Someone Is Waiting||12.||Old Friends|