Matt Douglass (The Proclivities) joins Caitlin Cary (Whiskeytown) for a mellowy folksy, singer / songwriter sound. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, piano, percussion, some other strings and woodwinds. Cool song structures, good lyrics. No FCC’s.
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5.
1. *(4:47) Slow / Mid. Guitar, fingersnaps and handclaps to start. Other instruments join in, sporadically. Mellow and fun.
2. (5:37) Slow / Mid. Folksy. Quietly pounding piano, guitars. Matt and Caitlin alternate verses on the mic and duet as well.
3. *(6:31) Slow. Soft guitar, single-note piano, slow and careful vocals. Country tinged. Sparse and emotive, and hauntingly beautiful.
4. (4:41) Mid. Violin intro with guitar. Cool percussion. Plodding beat. Gets dramatic and driving with biting lyrics.
5. *(4;02) Mid. Plucked guitar, cool bass line, staccato beat. Slight European sound. Good stuff.