|Cary, Caitlin & Matt Douglas / Small Ponds, The|
|Album:||Small Ponds, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Cary, Caitlin & Matt Douglas||Added:||03/2011|
|Label:||Last Chance Records|
|Add Date:||2011-05-01||Pull Date:||2011-07-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||26 Jun||12 Jun||22 May||15 May||8 May|
|1.||Nov 08, 2019:||Traditions |
|4.||Jun 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Jul 01, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Jun 22, 2011:||meow proper |
|3.||Jun 30, 2011:||Sun Salutations |
Horse On A Bus
|6.||Jun 19, 2011:||Sunny Side Up |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Matt Douglass (The Proclivities) joins Caitlin Cary (Whiskeytown) for a mellowy folksy, singer / songwriter sound. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, piano, percussion, some other strings and woodwinds. Cool song structures, good lyrics. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5.
1. *(4:47) Slow / Mid. Guitar, fingersnaps and handclaps to start. Other instruments join in, sporadically. Mellow and fun.
2. (5:37) Slow / Mid. Folksy. Quietly pounding piano, guitars. Matt and Caitlin alternate verses on the mic and duet as well.
3. *(6:31) Slow. Soft guitar, single-note piano, slow and careful vocals. Country tinged. Sparse and emotive, and hauntingly beautiful.
4. (4:41) Mid. Violin intro with guitar. Cool percussion. Plodding beat. Gets dramatic and driving with biting lyrics.
5. *(4;02) Mid. Plucked guitar, cool bass line, staccato beat. Slight European sound. Good stuff.
|1.||Horse On A Bus||3.||Bleeding Heart|
|2.||These August Days||4.||Loneliness|