|Biales, Lisa / Closet Hippie|
|Add Date:||2011-04-17||Pull Date:||2011-06-19|
|Week Ending:||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||8 May||1 May|
|1.||Jun 19, 2011:||Sunny Side Up |
|4.||May 22, 2011:||Sunny Side Up |
|2.||Jun 11, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|5.||May 03, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
|3.||May 29, 2011:||Sunny Side up |
Cow Cow Boogie
|6.||Apr 27, 2011:||The Donner Party |
Lisa Biales Closet Hippie 2010 |
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN--
Lisa Biales is a vocal powerhouse known for her crystal pure voice and compelling songwriting. Biales performs on a little parlor guitar and her band consists of Michael G. Ronstadt on cello and Douglas Hamilton on violin. Closet Hippie, her 6th release, has original Blues influenced acoustic music and is more of a personal album for Biales who has created a signature sound with her Blues influenced music. Here she shares with us her spiritual side and her earthy beliefs. This album is best described as jazzy and bluesy.
1. “Closet Hippie” Lisa’s dramatic & compelling voice on this track is a highlight.
2. “Cow Cow Boogie” this remake is a funny, happy tune.
3. “‘L’ Word” is a song about fulfilling loneliness with someone without love. The song has more of a country feel.
4. “Miss Ohio” is not an original Biales song, but it really showcases her crystal clear voice.
5. “Doctor’s Orders” is a creative song with great lyrics about medical marijuana.
6. “Rainbow Jesus” is a very inspirational song about dreams, again with excellent lyrics.
7. “Five” has a haunting beginning and continues with some chant-like singing and lots of strings. Again, this is not a Biales original song.
8. “Little Wing” is an excellent acoustic version of the Jimmy Hendrix song
9. “Earth Mama” has stronger guitar than any of the other songs and has quite a feminist feel to it.
10. “Missing You” is a beautifully sung self-penned blues tune. This song is definitely the highlight of the album.
11. “Buzzie” is a light, airy tune with pretty strings in the middle that was written after an actual encounter with a honey bee.
12. “Boom Boom” is a cute, upbeat song about a lover with the title lyric “…my baby calls me Boom Boom”.
My picks: 1, 5, 10 Ramzi Salti
|2.||Cow Cow Boogie||8.||Little Wing|
|3.||L Word||9.||Earth Mama|
|4.||Miss Ohio||10.||Missing You|
|6.||Rainbow Jesus||12.||Boom Boom|