|Scott-Heron, Gil And Jamie Xx / We're New Here|
|Album:||We're New Here||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Scott-Heron, Gil And Jamie Xx||Added:||03/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-05-14||Pull Date:||2011-07-16|
|Week Ending:||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May|
|1.||Thu, 24 May 18:||Jabbering Encore|
The Flannel Underground
|4.||Thu, 23 Jul 15:||lionel hutz|
|2.||Tue, 30 Jan 18:||DJ Arid & Hankinstein|
|5.||Thu, 04 Dec 14:||Mister Esquire|
|3.||Thu, 07 Apr 16:||aandreaa|
radio seven (deviance)
|6.||Sat, 06 Sep 14:||Eme O|
British youngster Jamie Smith of The xx fame joins Gil Scott-Heron for an album that, unsurprisingly, falls somewhere in between the xx’s moody dubstep and Heron’s raw ramblings. Wow, that sounds weird, you may think. And you’re right. But it’s also pretty darn awesome.|
Try: 2, 1, 7, 11
1) * 3:27 Spoken word intro. Reich-y stringy synths, smurf vocals, breaks into lo-fi dubstep.
2) * 3:11 Atmospheric. Raw, raspy vocals and lots of reverb-drenched percussion.
3) 0:28 Brief interlude. Exotic percussion, drowsy vocals.
4) 3:32 Stuttering vocal sample. Slow beat dragging along, spoken word vocals. Dissolves into abstract synthesizers, clickety clackety
5) 4:27 Softer than the other tracks. Slow and melodic, almost lounge at times.
6) 0:09 Drums and a grandfather laugh
7) * 3:10 Soft female vocals abruptly interrupted by upbeat drums. Then, the two melt together in a fluffy drum’n’bass cocktail.
8) 4:18 Radio fuzz intro. Shuffling beat and UK-funky synths.
9) 0:29 Heady drum beat winds down.
10) 1:16 Staccato piano keys and Heron’s words on top.
11) * 5:44 The single. Dramatic intro, bounces into heavy drums. Dark and intimidating, subtle wobble.
12) 0:50 Jazzy drums, Heron talks about how jazz music is dance music.
13) 4:43 Surprisingly disco-sounding. Piano soul with Heron’s raw, manipulated voice on top and some guitar noodling.
|1.||I'm New Here||7.||The Crutch|
|2.||Home||8.||Ur Soul And Mine|
|3.||I've Been Me (Interlude)||9.||Parents (Interlude)|
|5.||My Cloud||11.||Ny Is Killing Me|
|6.||Certain Things (Interlude)||12.||Jazz (Interlude)|
|13.||I'll Take Care Of U|