|Rogers, Stan / Best Of Stan Rogers, The|
|Album:||Best Of Stan Rogers, The||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Borealis Recording Co.|
|Add Date:||2011-04-17||Pull Date:||2011-06-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Jun||5 Jun||22 May|
|1.||Aug 30, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jun 05, 2011:||Songs: Cantan |
|2.||Mar 01, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The Mary Ellen Carter
|5.||Jun 04, 2011:||Everyday Commotion |
|3.||Mar 14, 2012:||Everyday Commotion |
|6.||May 17, 2011:||Poetry in Parlando |
The late Canadian singer/songwriter showcased with his wonderful maritime folk songs. Story songs of hardworking men and women and a dying way of life. Described as “the Canadian Woody Guthrie.” With acoustic folk instruments. A Cape Breton type sound. Great stuff. He died in 1983 in an airplane fire.|
*1. Upbeat toe-tapper with great strings. Bright & catchy.
2. Rich vocals in the downtempo ode to a dying life.
3. Warm and lovely downtempo song w/sweet strings. Sad.
4. Lazy sweet folk waltz w/a nostalgic air.
*5. Recorded live, a capella track for solo voice & chorus. Mid.
6. Upbeat maritime reel w/a warm and catchy sound.
7. Slow and sad song of the fishing industry.
*8. Slow and sad, heartbreaking ode to old men & old ships.
9. Relaxed and sweet country folk love song.
*10. Gorgeous a capella track. When Canadians were asked by the CBC
to vote for an alternate national anthem, this won hands-down. Slow.
11. Downtempo song of a lock-keeper and his duties.
*12. Midtempo, solid toe-tapper song w/some great string accents.
13. Slow and sad tale of a lost ship and a broken man.
14. Nostalgic strings anchor this country folk tale of farming.
15. Warm vocals, sweet strings, a slow and reflective story.
*16. Upbeat strings, story of a sinking ship.