|Standing Shadows / Silent Revolution, The|
|Album:||Silent Revolution, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Analog Kid Records|
|Add Date:||2011-07-24||Pull Date:||2011-09-25|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||7 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 24 Aug 11:||Kyle Palmer|
From the A-File
|2.||Fri, 05 Aug 11:||Francis D|
Heavy, guitar-driven pop. Striving to sound like Bono, very 90s, kind of like Michael Hutchence and PJ Harvey mixed together. Quite upbeat, at times AOR-ish. No favorites. FCC Clean.|
1. 3:49 Distorted vocals, double tracked, jangly guitars lead into big chorus.
2. 2:52 Heavily distorted vocals, warbly guitars and whiny chorus line. The drummer is sweating on this one. Sounds like 90s U2, their album Pop.
3. 4:34 Circling guitars, broody bass, perfect for a mass sing along. Piano solo (aw!), joined by mega drums, guitar, erupts into a “wave your hands!” number.
4. 5:28 Percussion line introduces the song—lyrics remind me of ‘Creep’. Actually, it sounds very much like Creep, but more poppy and produced. Violins and marching band drums come in at end.
5. 4:20 Instrumental soundscape. Layered, aqueous atmosphere, lots of warbling and mounting guitar line. Bass drum leads, there’s some faint chanting. ~18s.
|1.||Fire In You||3.||Silent Revolution|
|2.||We Are Everlasting||4.||Struggle For Our Lives|