|Buffalo Death Beam / Salvation For Ordinary People|
|Album:||Salvation For Ordinary People||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Buffalo Death Beam||Added:||04/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov|
|1.||Nov 16, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Nov 02, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Nov 10, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
From Pullman, Washington, this is Buffalo Death Beam’s first full-length album and features some fine playing and vocals. It’s folky, country, bluegrassy, indie, all sorts of great sounds. Acoustic guitars, mandolin, violin, bass, percussion, banjo with male and female vocals. Nice stuff. FCC #1, #7.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10.
1. (4:28) Mid. FCC.
2. *(3:18) Mid / Fast. Upbeat, driving beat, acoustic guitar, drums, upfront bass. Killer.
3. *(5:08) Slow / Mid. Easy going with arpeggio mandolin, acoustic guitar, easy beat, gets loud. Soaring vocals.
4. *(4:12) Mid. Big sound, full band, great drums, mandolin. Nice stop / start with 1:45 remaining.
5. (4:06) Slow / Mid. Droning organ, female lead vocal, guitar, mandolin. Gets loud and rocking as vocals soar.
6. (3:24) Slow / Mid. Sparse with guitar and mellow beat, then gets fuller. Loud, upfront vocal with backing vocals and harmonizing.
7. (3:12) Mid. FCC.
8. *(5:17) Mid. Cool picked guitar, violin, somber, yet hopeful. Really nice.
9. *(3:38) Slow / Mid. Sparse, ominous with guitar, slow drums, male / female vocal duet. Very hollow sounding.
10. *(4:07) Slow / Mid. Banjo intro, guitar, bass, guitar, percussion. Quite sparse at times with fuller sound at others.
|1.||Staff Of The Shepherd||6.||We Drink Beer|
|2.||Motel Queen||7.||Teddy's Boy|
|3.||Lonely Mouth||8.||Look Homeward, Angel|
|4.||Emma Rose||9.||Troublesome Brothers|
|5.||Sara's Key||10.||Mudmen Choir|