|All Tiny Creatures / Harbors|
|Artist:||All Tiny Creatures||Added:||04/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-06-26||Pull Date:||2011-08-28|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul|
|1.||Jan 06, 2015:||funk to folk |
|4.||Aug 12, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Aug 26, 2011:||B257 Special |
|5.||Aug 05, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Aug 16, 2011:||meow |
|6.||Aug 03, 2011:||Not That Simple |
Artist: All Tiny Creatures, Album: Harbors [ZK 972 491]|
Open, airy, transcendent, ethereal are the best ways to describe this multi-layered indie/space rock style group. No FCCs. Minimalist vocals, always distant sounding. Keyboards add a metronome feel, guitars mostly non-distorted, tasteful drumming and sound effects add strange spice. Great album, but have the feeling many tracks could easily appear in an expensive car commercial. My picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 11
1) airy, jangly pop rock instrumental. Kinda has a charlie brown-walking around- slightly mopey feel. toe tapping, nice. gritty little guitar lick on the end.
2) big tom beat opens this one up to space rock sounding keyboards & light guitar. mysterious sounding vocals that are whispered more than sung. very chilled out. The 1st single of the album. "An Iris" repeated with a robotic, phasered voice. This is the first single.
3) light machine gun snare refrain, climbing vocals, alarm clocks ringing, strange but familiar. ends with a stomping bass drum beat and an airy vocal.
4) keyboards making bells and electronic storm sounds. atmospheric and very short. kicks into next song immediately
5) high tones from guitar & keys complement each other, kicks in with a nice beat & most lyrics so far. seems to be an ode to the ocean. "we got our hands in our pockets, staring at the window, watching ships...catch the next wave"
6) vocal intonations over an increasingly intense musical buildup, guitar, chimes, drums, bass & keys. a slight exhilaration, like a walk that's pace makes u catch your breath for a moment.
7) straight ahead pop song, can almost make out the vocals. nice, moving bass line. very well composed piece with subtle changes all over.
8) atmospheric keyboards all over on, sampled noise, voices come in and out. band hits one repeating BOOM to accentuate the drone.
9) a slow & steady movement. once again building and building up until a few shorts hits from the band and the song ends.
10) close mikes make this one more in-the-face sounding than most tracks. similar in spirit to track #1. Lots of Ooohh Ooooohs.
11) sounds like female vocals that pretty it up on this one. Nice and steady.
|2.||An Iris||7.||Aviation Class|
|3.||Cargo Maps||8.||Triangle Frog|
|4.||Valves Or Hatches||9.||Reservoirs|
|5.||Glass Bubbles||10.||Tine Feature|