|Raveonettes, The / Raven In The Grave|
|Album:||Raven In The Grave||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-04-10||Pull Date:||2011-06-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr|
|1.||Sun, 08 Sep 19:||Otterpop|
organic fruit tracks
|4.||Fri, 03 Jun 11:||Trent Kay|
|2.||Tue, 14 Jun 11:||winston|
DON - FROM WINSTON... GOOD LUCK!
|5.||Fri, 03 Jun 11:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It
|3.||Sun, 12 Jun 11:||Hangman|
|6.||Thu, 02 Jun 11:||mr. esq.|
NOWAI. Chilly airy dark-n-gorgeous fuzzy-voxed synth-assist shoegaze from the unlikeliest of unlikelies. I guess it all makes sense, these LA-obsessed kids are just hopping decades and motifs, but holy crap, I would never in a million years have guessed this was the new Raveonettes.|
try: 7, 8, 1, 4
*1. easy midtempo. raw garage guitar, hard snare, genderless fuzz vox. slight 'we can be heroes' undertone. sounds like a way chill t.rex.
2. ~20 sec twinkly keys intro. ghostly, spare lyrics, high keys. haunty, echoey, cold.
3. airy sweet vox rooted by simple warm bass. minimal repetitive lyrics about... well shit, either dating a younger kid or having a kid. sort of the same deal, no?
*4. pretty, layered pedal-on piano, hangman drums and melodic minor guitar. harsh airy vox. sounds like winter.
5. drumless. high-reg twinkly electric. sounds like a hymn in french.
6. short, somewhat undeveloped. l.a. shimmer chords, reverb, windchill, weird resemblance to the backing harmonies on 'the lion sleeps tonight'.
*7. rockin' garage guitar + rudder bass, straight vox. probably the most mainstreamy track on the record.
*8. dark etudey intro. kicks into bang-out slap guitar and a nerve-prickling swirl riff. gets hard/loud and then disarmingly soft in places. super chilly!
9. sweet waltz. gentle airy arpeggiated guitar riff. relaxy harmonies. drums in midway, swells.
|1.||Recharge & Revolt||5.||Summer Moon|
|2.||War In Heaven||6.||Let Me On Out|
|3.||Forget That You're Young||7.||Ignite|
|9.||My Time's Up|