|Les Chauds Lapins / Amourettes|
|Artist:||Les Chauds Lapins||Added:||04/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-04-24||Pull Date:||2011-06-26||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||19 Jun||5 Jun||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May|
|1.||Wed, 02 Dec 15:||Labiba|
|4.||Thu, 07 Jul 11:||Savitri|
|2.||Thu, 15 Sep 11:||Ruben|
All That Swing
|5.||Tue, 14 Jun 11:||winston|
DON - FROM WINSTON... GOOD LUCK!
|3.||Tue, 12 Jul 11:||Eme O|
|6.||Sat, 04 Jun 11:||Alan|
Les Chauds Lapins (“The Hot Rabbits”) deliver delightful and dishy retakes of French swing music from the 1920s through the ‘40s. With sweet vocals plus banjo-ukes, string trio, guitar, winds. Lyrics in French. The fun, reetro sound could make you forget how good the musicians are. This is great stuff, all if it. This is happy, feel-good music, well played and so much fun. Play it all, folks!|
1. Sweet and kitchy midtempo retro bit of fluff.
2. Lazy love song w/a light touch. So sweet.
3. Male vox, then duet. Starts slow, gets mid & bouncy. Yay!
4. Bright strings lead into a gypsy swing love song w/fem vox.
5. Clarinet guides into this duet, starts slow, gets mid. Retro goodness.
6. Sweet big band-ish, midtempo w/a delicious lazy air.
7. Bright strings swing this happy and bright bit of playfulness.
8. Simple at first then a midtempo jazzy retro romp. So good!
9. Layers of strings then male vox in a bright, toe-tapping fluffiness.
10. Relaxed, downtempo romance w/hot muted trumpet. Sigh…
11. Fun duet, mid/downtempo (it varies) w/fun interplays.
12. Relaxed & stylish strings lead into a midtempo swinging bit of joy.
13. Slow & a bit sad with loads of style and jazzy sass.