|Art Department / Drawing Board, The|
|Album:||Drawing Board, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-05-01||Pull Date:||2011-07-03|
|Week Ending:||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May|
|1.||Aug 23, 2012:||Pumping Iron |
I C U
|4.||Jun 25, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 13, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque |
I C U
|5.||Jun 14, 2011:||DON - FROM WINSTON... GOOD LUCK! |
Much Too Much
|3.||Oct 11, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque |
I C U
|6.||Jun 07, 2011:||broken flowers |
We Call Love (Feat. Soul Clap & Osunlade)
Don’t let go of this CD! Art Department consists of two Canadians, but don’t judge them that quickly. This is one of the best house releases in a long time. Melancholic, warm, rich, hazy, cool productions all around. 11 and 1 utterly amazing, but everything is solid.|
FCC: 7 (“shit”) Try: 11, 1, 5, 2, 7 (if in SH!) 6, 3, 10. Hard to go wrong
1) *** 10:26 Long, bouncy intro. Fragile, emotional vocals matched with a quirky synth riff. I absolutely adore this track. Favorite of 2011
2) * 7:25 Fast-paced house with a simple, light synth pattern on top. The percussion is rushing along while the vocals take their time.
3) * 6:58 Seth Troxler lends a hand with the vocals. Starts out static and cyclic, builds up and adds more drive.
4) 8:10 Grainy house, with a lot of random vocal snippets.
5) ** 5:15 Shorter version of one of the best tracks of 2010. Mourning, groaning house, with heavily manipulated vocals. Still stunning.
6) * 6:19 Upbeat house with help from Soul Clap. Soulful vocals and 80s-tinted synths and a neatly syncopated bassline.
7) * 10:01 FCC: A near-incomprehensible ‘shit’. Slow, long, tons of delay. Hazy, slurred, vocals on top of a laid back groove.
8) 2:38 Funky, hiphop-ish drums. Vocals about being ‘in the mood’, simple and fun.
9) 6:16 Haunted, horror movie-sounding. Only week track on the al-bum. Lacks the warmth that the other tracks so perfectly exhibit.
10) * 4:35 The continuation of track 2. Groovy Rhodes keys and a lighter, upbeat mood with a funky feel.
11) *** 7:46 Play this! Melancholic house with hazy vocals. Beautiful, rich texture, and hey, even the lyrics are decent. Utterly amazing.