Fuck me is this ever good: Synth, guitar, swallowed fuzzed out vocals, half track and slowed in all the right places. Noisey but not. Scratches the same itch that 22 years ago only My Bloody Valentine could, only without drums and a girl on bass. A grungey element, a low fi element. Cant describe as words like “low fi” and “noisey” don’t do justice. Accessible in a weird way, as if Neutral Milk Hotel flipped their 2” reels and switched down from 30 ips to 15 ips (if you don’t understand suffice to say, whoa, pass the dust….)All tracks great.
1) (2:46) super cool downtempo, slowed beat and samples, dreamy, narco bliss
2) (2:52) like My Bloody Valentine heard on about 1200 mics of LSD through a big long tunnel
3) (3:33) starts with a noodle guitar melody with cool noises, then subliminal voices leaking through the cracks like toxic waste
4) (2:04) a slow damaged 80’s synth with a creepy vocalization splashing around
5) (3:36) a cool slow plod swirling with madness, bending and noisey in all the right places, backwards masking for all you jesus worshipers
6) (1:56) simple 3 chord guitar strum and swallowed fuzzed out vocs, singer songwriter from hell… hell of a lot of vicodin ingestion
7) (3:28) slowed grungey plod with vocs, sounds like what I imagine Cobain would hear in his head while maxing out on black tar, song ends with Kurt pulling the plug