|Sundrips / Just A Glimpse|
|Album:||Just A Glimpse||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-05-08||Pull Date:||2011-07-10|
|Week Ending:||10 Jul||3 Jul||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May|
|1.||Thu, 23 Mar 17:||DJ Aporia|
|4.||Wed, 22 Aug 12:||miss information|
|2.||Wed, 25 Feb 15:||miss information|
|5.||Fri, 27 Jul 12:||miss information|
|3.||Wed, 20 Mar 13:||miss information|
|6.||Wed, 17 Aug 11:||maxima & tex|
Epic, intelligent ambient from Ryan Connolly and Nick Maturo, the two Canucks who run the stellar Fadeaway Tapes label. Ridiculously prolific—the duo put out 10 cassettes last year, and they’re rapidly becoming one of the biggest names in the scene. For fans of late night drives, quiet evenings, and rising before anyone else is awake. Perfectly peaceful and serene. |
ALL TRACKS FCC CLEAN
1. Slow and emotional with a nostalgic feeling you just can’t shake. Gentle tones and smooth washes.
2. Frantic keyboard zaps, uplifting melodies. (Think: Lunar Miasma)
3. A darker drone with undulating tones. Cold, black Canadian waters. Inches of frozen ice. Beautiful.
4. Fuzzy washes of drone. Subtle samples and gradual keychanges—just like the name suggests.
5. High-pitched, staticy and urgent. A bit on the harsh side, but with some delicate melody changes that you can really appreciate after a few listens.
6. The wind whipping through the willows, over a shimmery bed of tinkle keyboard. A gorgeous “wintery” track undoubtedly inspired by the cold Canadian months.
7. Dark, gritty drone. Pretty harsh and experimental.
|7.||Just A Glimpse|