|Gelb, Howe And A Band Of Gypsies / Alegrias|
|Artist:||Gelb, Howe And A Band Of Gypsies||Added:||05/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-08-14||Pull Date:||2011-10-16|
|Week Ending:||9 Oct||11 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug|
|1.||Sep 26, 2014:||The Songsmith Show Finale |
The Hangin' Judge
|4.||Oct 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
4 Door Maverick
|2.||Oct 03, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
4 Door Maverick
|5.||Sep 09, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Nov 30, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Broken Bird And The Ghost River
|6.||Sep 07, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Howe Gelb has released dozens of albums which span the genres of punk, rock, country, alt-country and world. He’s based out of Tucson, AZ and has played with bands all over the world. On this album there’s lots of Latin stylings with nylon-stringed guitar, arpeggio-style. He generally delivers his lyrics in a whisper. Very folksy, reminiscent of Jim White, with that same kind of bizarrely interesting lyric style. Great stuff here. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13.
1. *(3:35) Mid. Quiet, sparse, guitar, handclaps, whispered vocals.
2. (3:33) Mid. Upbeat, backing vocals, electric guitar seemingly out of place, then picks right up where it left off.
3. *(3:18) Slow / Mid. Really cool world vibe. Wow.
4. (3:50) Mid. Killer guitars, arpeggios predominate, cool percussion.
5. *(2:33) Slow / Mid. Mellow, plodding beat, backing vocals.
6. *(3:17) Slow / Mid. Quiet, minimal, male female vocals. Really nice.
7. (1:13) Slow / Mid. Short, piano solo with a vocal at end.
8. *(3:34) Mid. Mellow, jazzy with piano and female textured vocals.
9. *(3:02) Slow / Mid. Moody, great for a drive in the country, or playing on your show.
10. *(2:50) Slow / Mid. Guitar intro, cool Bob Dylan reference. Great percussion and accordion.
11. *(2:47) Mid. Great story-song, funky and jazzy.
12. (3:27) Mid. Jazzy and care-free.
13. *(3:31) Slow / Mid. Sparse, mellow, really cool piano.