|Buttercream Gang, The / Polite Men|
|Artist:||Buttercream Gang, The||Added:||05/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-09-25||Pull Date:||2011-11-27|
|Week Ending:||30 Oct|
|1.||Oct 26, 2011:||idk |
Come Back To My Dreams
The Buttercream Gang is a local Bay area band from across the bridge. They are from Napa, the famous wine country that is apparently"musically desolate?" |
The band's music is a blend of 60s rock n roll mixed with Afro-Pop and Tropicalia. The lyrics tend to be personal & eflective, while the music tends to be mostly peppy. Is it any surprise
then that this album is called "Polite Men."
Try 1, 2, 4, 8, 11, 12
1. Like the way it starts. Mix of laid-back & peppy.
2. Bright, peppy sounds though the lyrics are very personal.
3. Slow to mid-tempo. Slow start then picks up its pace.
4. An interesting track. Peppy.
5. Slow. Kind of dreamy.
6. Mostly an instrumental track with minimal lyrics.
Reminds you of the 60s for sure.
7. Starts off fast/peppy & then slows down.
8. Lots of Afro-Pop/Tropicalia influences. NIce.
9. Angst filled lyrics, but peppy music.
10. S.L.O.W. Importance of a hot tub in this singer's life.
11. Bright sounds. All kinds of musical influences in this track.
12. Confessional song. Bright, sunny music.
|1.||Made It Through The Day||7.||Everything Will Be Alright|
|2.||Walk By||8.||To Be Real|
|3.||Come Back To My Dreams||9.||Flawed|
|4.||I Want To Know||10.||Hot Tub|
|6.||I Won't Take Sides||12.||I Don't Know What To Say|