|Papercuts / Fading Parade|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2011-05-14||Pull Date:||2011-07-16|
|Week Ending:||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May|
|1.||Fri, 03 Mar 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Wed, 03 Aug 11:||Thomas|
Not That Simple
|2.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Outrun My Gun
|5.||Sat, 16 Jul 11:||mr. esq.|
meow: a self-promoting whore of a musical
|3.||Fri, 10 Feb 12:||Merricat McGee|
|6.||Fri, 15 Jul 11:||Francis D|
Fuzzy hazy shoegazey washed-out dreampop with Shins-esque vox. Lots of gentle reverb and airyness. Very Oh, Inverted World. Slightly 60s. Super pretty. Super precious. These aren't songs so much as pleasantries, but that seems to be what the kid's going for, so. The A.V. Club calls this "the musical equivalent of a shoebox filled with old Polaroids" -- touche. Papercuts is Jason Quever, and woohoo, he's from the Bay. Bonus points: the month I joined the station, his last record was KILLING our charts.|
RIYL: early Shins, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, less poppy Grandaddy
try: 1, 2, 9
*1. pretty mid-fast circular guitar, slightly rocking, fuzzy vox, fuzzy everything.
*2. active mellow bass a la "future primitive", reachy chorus. gentle, earthy and sweet.
3. sad and ghosty-gloomy. spare haunty lyrics. deliberate achey chorus. fuzz piano.
4. either/or-era elliott smithish ambling chug-and-burst melody. upbeat melancholy. parallel vox & guitar.
5. very slow, delicate clear vox., tremolo guitars. words gush out one at a time.
6. violinsy start, takes ~45 sec to warm up. 'on purpose' lo-fi. chorus harmonies, scratchy instrumentation.
7. sweet blowy waltz. 'la la's.
8. mid-fast, kinda rocky, drum kit. sky-high watery vox.
*9. surprise gem buried in the back half. slow fingerpicking, empty-hall piano and slow-roll tambourine. lullabyish. simple, achey, beautiful.
10. gentle bubbly vibey guitar and slow drums. reminds me of that pinkle record.
|1.||Do You Really Wanna Know||6.||White Are The Waves|
|2.||Do What You Will||7.||Wait Till I'm Dead|
|3.||I'll See You Later I Guess||8.||Marie Says You've Changed|