|L.A. Lungs / Cryptic Snuggling|
|Add Date:||2011-06-26||Pull Date:||2011-08-28||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul|
|1.||Sun, 25 Oct 15:||Waves|
|4.||Wed, 24 Aug 11:||brick & idk|
|2.||Thu, 10 Nov 11:||abraxas|
|5.||Wed, 17 Aug 11:||maxima & tex|
|3.||Fri, 26 Aug 11:||awyeh|
|6.||Fri, 12 Aug 11:||awyeh|
Minimal elctro-acoustic drone. I am in love. Duo from Tacoma, Washington - Leeward and Afterthought - makes beautiful minimal but large-sounding almost-ambient tracks. Reminds me of early 90s ambiant exploration (see The KLF). Lots of cool long-sustained guitar sounds with breathey droney synths. Not too dark but not overly bright. Don't play during daylight! Transports you into the desert at night, especially that last 24min track! Wait, SPACE! Disjointed tones to fight the smog.|
Try: 2, 5, 6.
1) **** (4:08. No beats). One long ringing drone, with slight splicing-sounds. Evolves into three alternating dingggggg-s, then sudden 50s sci-fi-ey jargon with jarbled draining sounds. Love it!
2) ***** (3:35, 117bpm). Echoey sustained guitar playing repeated arpeggios, with tuning. Evolves into tortured plucking and long-delayed strumming, building in layers.
3) Damaged, doesn't play!
4) ** (5:30) Single monotonous 60hz hum with millions of bees inside a tin can wrapped into a huge ball of cellophane. Hello, what's this other synth doing? Evolves with wooden wind chime sounds.
5) *** (1:45) Long intro leading into muted two-chord drone. Piano caressing the chord changes.
6) ***** (24:10) guitar plucking somewhere in the desert at night. I'm in a 70s movie. Slowly we drift into the sky. Ah, space! Make sweet love to me.
|1.||Cryptic Snuggling||4.||Don't Be Afraid, The Crow Is Afraid Too|
|2.||Railcar Fracas||5.||Eddie Guerrero|
|3.||No Weary For The Wrestlers||6.||Ruffled Rivers|