|Explosions In The Sky / Take Care, Take Care, Take Care|
|Album:||Take Care, Take Care, Take Care||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Explosions In The Sky||Added:||05/2011|
|Label:||Temporary Residence Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2011-09-25||Pull Date:||2011-11-27|
|Week Ending:||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 20 Jun 14:||Victoria|
Friday Afternoon Mix
|4.||Fri, 16 Aug 13:||Victoria|
|2.||Fri, 15 Nov 13:||aj|
The Fall of Math
|5.||Sat, 09 Mar 13:||Thomas|
|3.||Fri, 01 Nov 13:||aj|
The Fall of Math
|6.||Sun, 27 May 12:||The Flying Dutchman|
There and Back Again
Explosions in the Sky: Take Care, Take Care, Take Care: The sixth studio album of these post-rock demigods. All instrumental, all good. Almost exclusively electric guitar and drumkit. FCC clean. Try 3, 4.|
1) Plucked lead guitar, ambient background guitar, consistent drumming. Makes me imagine a curious child. Watch out, the final 30 seconds of the track are silence.
2) Very introspective sound to this track; very quiet middle section, quavery and increasingly loud ending.
3) Long drum rolls, repetitive but catchy lead guitar. Shortest track on the album by far, so play it if you want a smaller taste of post-rock on your show.
4) Reminds me a lot of some Album Leaf songs, and in a good way. Quite contemplative, not too intrusive of drums.
5) No other instruments except a simple, quiet guitar melody until the 2:40 mark. From then on, it’s a slow, gradual build until a loud climax, then a quiet, drawn-out ending.
6) A wandering track; it completely changes from a mysterious beginning to a drum-filled middle, to a more mellow ending with tons of different sounds coming in and out.
|1.||Last Known Surroundings||4.||Be Comfortable, Creature|
|2.||Human Qualities||5.||Postcard From 1952|
|3.||Trembling Hands||6.||Let Me Back In|