|Pantha Du Prince / Xi Versions Of Black Noise|
|Album:||Xi Versions Of Black Noise||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pantha Du Prince||Added:||05/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-06-12||Pull Date:||2011-08-14||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 09 Aug 11:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
|4.||Thu, 04 Aug 11:||HYPRK & Doublestuf|
YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: JUICE!
|2.||Sun, 07 Aug 11:||Edwin|
lost and found
|5.||Sat, 30 Jul 11:||Uncle Steve|
You Can't Handle the Truth
|3.||Thu, 04 Aug 11:||MCarmen|
|6.||Tue, 26 Jul 11:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
German techno enthusiast Hendrik Weber, better known as Pantha du Prince, released Black Noise in early 2010, but decided to share the remixing duties with a bunch of friends. This album ranges from straight up techno to layered, ambient electronica. The remixers are a good indicator for the general sound, so fans of Four Tet, Animal Collective, and Morritz Von Oswald should give this a spin.|
FCC: Clean Try: 2, 1, 5, 9
1) 6:36 * Rumbling, organic, empty hallways and comforting keyboards way in the distance.
2) 6:38 ** Somewhat uplifting. Gradually approaches techno. A tiny horn orchestra in an abandoned warehouse with a touch of electronics.
3) 6:47 The Panda Bear collaboration, now without Panda Bear. Deep and techy, subdued.
4) 6:47 Four Tet on the keys and effects. Those notes are flying all over the place, bleepy, bloppy, bouncy. Panda Bear is invited, too.
5) 8:17 * Starts out slow, ambient. Pulsating bass line takes over, subtle hi hats whooshing away.
6) 7:33 Sounds like the original with a little extra oomph. Panda Bear fades in, but not much else to be excited about.
7) 8:00 Things get all industrial. Clonks and wobbly noises.
8) 8:24 Dark, Berghain style (albeit slightly softer). Mesmerizing male vocals in the background, mysterious sound.
9) 6:49 * Sounds like Animal Collective fed Steve Reich some drugs and let him layer away. Fragile composition, lots of subtlety.
10) 6:04 Slow, abstract percussion. Four Tet-like ringing bells.
11) 6:29 Distant guitar strumming, beautifully balances the glockenspiel from the original and Panda Bear’s dreamy voice.