|Spinning Leaves And Hezekiah Jones / Hezekiah Leaves And The Spinning Joneses|
|Album:||Hezekiah Leaves And The Spinning Joneses||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Spinning Leaves And Hezekiah Jones||Added:||May 2011|
|Label:||Mad Dragon Records|
|Add Date:||2011-09-11||Pull Date:||2011-11-13|
|Week Ending:||Nov 13||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 16||Oct 9||Oct 2||Sep 18|
|1.||Jul 25, 2021:||Wee Animalcules (rebroadcast from Sep 30, 2011) |
The Crab Song
|4.||Oct 24, 2011:||ReAd mY liPs |
The Crab Song, You Are The Sun
|2.||Oct 24, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
The Crab Song
|5.||Oct 19, 2011:||Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades |
The Mountain Song
|3.||Nov 09, 2011:||Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades |
|6.||Oct 12, 2011:||Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades |
Year Of The
Two distinct albums rolled into ONE! All you have to do is pick your style. |
Folkie, Indie, Poppie, Quirkie. Must be played!! FCC on track 9.
Review by Savitri
Hezekiah Leaves (Twang folk hipsterness)
These songs are all over the place. Recommend listening to this on the porch during a hot summah’ night with a cold PBR wearing only your beaten up red-sneakers. This album is why college radio exists or perhaps college radio exists for this album.
1. [4:09] male twang vocals, upbeat. Dreamy pop feel with a heavy helping of folk.
2. *[2:03] Am I in Paris? Female/Male vocals with accordion. Eclectic percussion.
3. **[3:49] Reverberish/Echoey start. Lead into harmonic and guitar. Twangy goofy vocals. Upbeat indie rock that got a bit lazy half way through and decide to would rather be indie folk. Loving the harmonica.
4. **[2:42] Lotsa twang. Simple compared to the other songs. Cute feel. Upbeat makes me wanna shake something. Total deterioration at 30 seconds. A dragon literally burns up the whole song and the audience.
5. [4:04] A song about pee and poop. Rock electro guitar. “All my pee in a swimming pool, does it fill up the deep end?” “All my poop goes down the sewer, does it come out my faucet?”
6. ***[3:31] Folk song about a crab. Mixed vocals. Guitar and clapping. Solid twang with dreamy switch towards the end. Upbeat throughout.
7. *[2:36] Upbeat Memphis feel. Rock-a-billy goodness. Yum!
The Spinning Jones (Indie Folk)
This is the more serious side of the album. Great lyrics, calm sweet feel throughout. All Acoustic. All beautiful.
FCC on track 9 (FUCKER)
8. [4:15] Gong starts off what is ultimately a totally different album. Dreamy sounds with some background purring (yes purring). Guitar and soft vocals. Very harmonic.
9. [3:10] FCC: fucker @ 1:37. Male vocals, serious feel. Good twang. Unfortunately, not safe for air.
10. ***[3:47] Folk sweetness. Male/female harmony. Lots of strings including a ukulele possibly a tuba keeping up as bass. Slow, almost a love song but maybe a little sad.
11. [3:06] slow dreamy lullaby. Violin comes in at 1:30 and is beautiful.
12. **[2:20] Clever lyrics and good story. Slower paces folk, all strings.
13. *[2:53] Several guitars holding it together with a very lyrical feel. Solf and sweet. Flute added after 1 minutes. Very pretty song about lost love.
14. [4:03] Dreamy song with back and forth male/female vocals.
|1.||Stan The Fisherman||8.||The Mysterious Song|
|2.||The Mountain Song||9.||Strange Dream|
|3.||On A Chain Gang||10.||You Are The Sun|
|4.||Year Of The||11.||Coyote Song|
|5.||All My Pee||12.||Shore To Shore|
|6.||The Crab Song||13.||Beautiful Swan|
|7.||Walking Blues||14.||Sunflower Seeds|