Some great stuff here from Texas-based, blues-infused guitar player Hadden Sayers. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, organ. Really tight band, strong lyrics and a guest appearance on #3 by Ruthie Foster. Every song worth a play. No FCC’s.
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 6, 10, 12.
1. (3:09) Mid. Texas blues, rockin’ electric guitars, driving beat.
2. *(3:33) Slow / Mid. Sparse, yearning drag. Nice guitar solos with a plodding backbeat.
3. *(5:32) Slow / Mid. Very polished and soulful, with Ruthie Foster helping out on vocals. Each instrument very distinct.
4. (3:29) Mid. Rockin’ ’50’s blues, channeling some Stevie Ray Vaughan.
5. (2:59) Slow / Mid. Sparse instrumentation with subdued organ and nice guitar work. Cool vocal delivery.
6. *(2:42) Slow / Mid. Mellow, easy-going song about his car. Cool lyrics.
7. (4:21) Slow / Mid. Country blues with organ and a great vocal delivery.
8. (2:42) Mid. Steady, marching beat with nice guitar work and a laugh at the end.
9. (3:13) Mid. Guitar slinging Texas blues. Driving beat.
10. *(4:01) Mid / Fast. Rockin’ Lightnin’ Hopkins tribute, with harmonica and a driving backbeat.
11. (3:35) Mid. Marching beat with harmonica showcase.
12. *(7:01) Slow. Soulful, bluesy dirge. Sparse instrumentation with some really mean guitar soloing. Sayers wrote this with the late Sean Costello in mind.
13. (4:29) Mid. Jazzy INSTRUMENTAL number with organ, drums, guitar.