|Various Artists / Arcseconds & Sundrips Split|
|Album:||Arcseconds & Sundrips Split||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Planet Of The Tapes|
|Add Date:||2013-01-12||Pull Date:||2013-03-17|
|Week Ending:||17 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan|
|1.||Mar 20, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|4.||Feb 02, 2013:||late night dryer |
|2.||Feb 14, 2013:||minimum entropy ii |
|5.||Feb 01, 2013:||late night dryer |
|3.||Feb 02, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|6.||Jan 31, 2013:||minimum entropy ii |
This collection was originally released on a split cassette courtesy of Planet of the Tapes of Montreal, Canada. Overall, both artists featured here produce an eclectic style. Very rich in the dreamy style with a hint of trance. All Tracks are radio friendly. Recommended tracks: 3 & 5|
1. Arcseconds - Lima Yankee Seven Alpha - Dreamy sounding and down-tempo influence. Cleaver usage of foreground and background layering.
2. Arcseconds - The Horizon - Electro sounding intro. Flat sounding towards the middle of the track. Towards the end, it has that theatrical / regal style of production.
3. Arcseconds - Astronauts. Melodic sounding track. Very "spacey" sounding with a number of vocal samples manipulated keeping the same theme and tempo. Towards the end it gets a bit noisy but filters into a number of 8-bit arcade style sounds. Recommend.
4. Arcseconds - Alpha Tape - Dark sounding and eerie synth and rhytms
5. Sundrips - Soft Span - Melodic and static sounding track. Tends to get quiet in the transitions. Very soft sounding per the title's first name. Recommend
|1.||Arcseconds||Lima Yankee Seven Alpha|