|Hoke, Russell / Comet Of Despair|
|Album:||Comet Of Despair||Collection:||General 12"|
|Add Date:||2012-05-26||Pull Date:||2012-07-29|
|Week Ending:||17 Jun|
|1.||Sep 05, 2012:||ThermoNuclear Bar |
|2.||Jun 15, 2012:||Last Verses* |
Cry, Silver Needle
1) "Grave Concern" - Smart-ass upbeat folk-rock for War Heroes.
2) "Blue Air, Blow" %
3) "Desert Wind" %
4) "Any Bland Game is Lying" %
5) "Your Grace" %
6)" If the Mute Could Be Heard" %
% Capsule review for the previous five tracks. due to similarities in form and content. Lo-Fi, Bob Dylan-esque with a hint of Jandek. Droney, sometimes to the point of being whiny! Mostly introspective, with frequently inspired lyrics. Repeated listens did not sway me to a more positive feeling about the music. It's OK, really, just not necessarily my meat.
1)"The Blind Aren't in Night" - upbeat, jaunty ditty 'bout life's hardships.
2) "Miss Arkenzie" - slow, banjo-filled ode to a Southern belle. HxJx's pick-to-click!!
3) "Gone: The Trees and the Beasts" - Frontier song w/ Richard Farina-ish vocals, gtr, harp. Perfect downer tree-huggin' stuff that makes you think.
4) "Comet of Despair" - banjo, mid-tempo, great lyrics! Is this guy Hoke really that sad, or is it for shtick? Another HxJx pick-to-click!
5) "Cry, Silver Needle" - MORE bummer rock! Junkies, ICU patients, and medical students will dig this one, Dudes & Chicks!!
|1.||Grave Concern||6.||If The Mute Could Be Heard|
|2.||Blue Air, Blow||7.||The Blind Aren't In Night|
|3.||Desert Wind||8.||Miss Arkenzie|
|4.||Any Bland Game Is Lying||9.||Gone: The Trees And The Beasts|
|5.||Your Grace||10.||Comet Of Despair|
|11.||Cry, Silver Needle|