Okkervil River: I Am Very Far: Darker and more powerful-sounding than previous albums by these indie rock darlings. Rich/interesting lyrics, and manages to craft a unique sound using pretty orthodox instruments. Cool stuff! FCC clean. Try 1, 2, 6.
1) Piano, violin, with loud clapping serving as percussion.
2) Light percussion, with tinkly chimes and violin. Some chaotic noises thrown in the mix, too. Matter-of-fact sounding vocals.
3) Lots of piano, acoustic guitar, and upbeat-sounding vocals.
4) Calm acoustic guitar and vocals, with some oboe and horn.
5) Steady, driving percussion, with strummed guitar chords.
6) Rolling piano arpeggios, acoustic guitar, and tambourine with
7) A slow ballad, with piano, some harmonica, and vocal choruses. Builds up in sound towards the end.
8) Sparse drums, slightly echoed vocals, and some guitar.
9) Slow and steady, with more layers of percussion and instrumentals added on throughout.
10) Loud vocals, smashing drums, with calmer interludes mixed in.
11) Dramatic timpani and cymbals, with soft piano and layered vocals. Very quiet a cappella middle section.